Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 month ago

I hate life for sure?

My life is so unfair. Just living to die. Maybe I enjoy it sometimes. But it's all for nothing. If not, well, tell me why. Why do I have to endure this pain, just to die? We all know life is dumb, and no one gives but take. If you can give me a reason go ahead, to me it seems we are just so far away from home.

• JOHN B

You are Jim Morrison, incarnate. Read some of his quotes. Remember, he was 27 at his death. Be careful!

https://inspirationfeed.com/jim-morrison-quotes/

• Shahid

You answered your own question in the end, you see, all you needed was to give the matter a little thought, that in the way of asking this question you managed to do. If it still not clear to you the it is in you saying 'we are just so far away from home'. Life is a journey along the way of getting home, the only way. if you are not where you need to be, but you are on your way there, then you are not lost. And if you are not lost, then everything is where it needs to be, so nothing is nonsense.

Life is pretty much nothing but pain. And then if you try to avoid the pain by pretending it’s not real they call you “psychotic” for example. . And then they try to hospitalize you or put you on some kind of drugs ($$$ good for the psychiatric industry)  instead of just letting you experience that defense mechanism of deciding none of it’s real. 

Some people use drugs and alcohol to escape the pain. Others of us walk the razor’s edge and take the pain of this life straight and undiluted, thereby choosing ‘insanity’, ‘psychosis ‘ Whatever the f—k you wanna call it. Who cares? Because after all, being ‘well-adjusted’ to an insane world is actually the definition of insanity. 

So celebrate your maladjustment my friend. In some cultures they even honor those who are having ‘psychotic episodes’ because of the pain of this existence. They believe that the people who experienced that and go through it have a higher level of awareness than the average person. 

I’m not saying you are...psychotic that is. And even if somebody slapped that label on you like they’ve slapped it on me (time and again) ...who cares? What do they know? If they’ve never been pushed to the edge by this existence, it only means they’re comfortably numb in a way.

I grew up in a family of very successful functional alcoholics. People who thought that everything you could buy or any image you could project to make yourself look good in other people’s  eyes was the definition of success. . I never bought into that, even as a child. Which is why they labeled me the “mentally ill” one of the family I suppose. I guess it bothered them that I reacted with anxiety and grief at the  values they had adopted and the things they were doing.

I’m sure that made them very uncomfortable. 

So I was punished for that. Sent to the psychiatrist to be reprogrammed with lobotomy pills at the age of 14. Just like they used to do with political dissidents in the Soviet union. What can I say?

Anyway,  different cultures treat everything differently. And some of these other cultures  wouldn’t necessarily label somebody ‘mentally ill’ just because they are acutely aware of the inhumanity, absurdity and suffering of this existence. Yes I’ve had some good times myself. But I have to say that lightly over the past few decades, they’ve been way overshadowed by the bad. Some kind of karmic action going on here that’s catching up with me I think....I’ve been told I have the astrological natal chart of somebody who might’ve been a military dictator in a previous life. So I guess maybe I’m paying for it now.

Anyway, if you’re NOT one of the well-adjusted ones, you’re probably one of the saner ones. If you catch my drift here. So appreciate the fact that you’re one of the few who understands how insane and absurd this life is. As painful as that understanding might be.

So I understand where you’re coming from. Yes we ARE a long way from home. But we will be there someday, don’t worry. Peace, fellow soul. Maybe the next life will be easier since we’ve paid so many dues  this time around, eh? That’s my hope. What do you think?

Yes, I used to think it was bulls hit. The reincarnation thing. Actually it’s believed by more people around the world than not. I once read about 2/3 of the worlds’ people’s belief systems encompass that philosophy in one form or another.

My mother taught me about it when I was a teenager. She was a little bit off the beaten path but she was also highly intelligent. And it makes more and more sense to me now. That’s this is not the only life we will have. That’s for you to decide. Maybe do some research into that. Just for fun. Reincarnation and karma and all that stuff. Even astrology. They’re all tied together. 

But pain, yes. It makes you realize you’re alive. Doesn’t it? Maybe that’s better than not feeling anything at all. Like the people who choose to drug it all away in one way or another. The sleepwalkers. 

read the book 'proof of heaven' by Dr Eben Alexander. It will change your perspective of life completely and make your excited for the world we move to after death. It is not related to any specific religion btw. I 100% believe it is true this guy has no reason whatsoever to lie

You may have fall into the trap of Titanism

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/titanism?s=t

You should take other views to see the goodness of those things around you. You can see streets where many are walking on them, stepping on them but they are tough to keep their position. More stepping means you are tough to keep them in their position.

• Raja

Do you want to live in pain by thinking in this way? Any how you have to live in this world until death reaches you. You must find the ways to live at least peacefully.

Human beings are ruled by spirits but humans must learn to control and rule the spirits. Spirits possess people according to the mental state of the human beings and keep them in the same state until they are rejected and replaced by another. This is an all time phenomena occurring in all humans. Human beings are always under the influence of spirits. Certain situations and circumstances cause the possession of certain type of spirits. Often thinking and talking about bad subjects or bad imaginations even for fun can take serious turns on one who think and talk. Often thinking and talking about good subjects with good imaginations can create positive effects in your life. Your favorable thoughts and beliefs can bring favorable spirits by your side. The more you think the more would be the possession of that spirit. All spirits (good and bad) have the dominating character. They can take you to the extent of sacrifice or suicide.

All of your activities, talks and even thoughts determine what kind of spirits you will have for your life. Only these spirits are the reason for the good and bad happening in your life. These spirits determine your destiny from your daily activities, talks and thoughts too. Spirits are separate elements. A human being doesn't have a spiritual body. A human being during his/her life time is living with many spirits which have joined one by one since birth. They are knowledge, skills, feelings, emotions, interests and everything. These spirits are your consciousnesses and memories. Even thoughts are not your own. For example, when you want to take a decision on a subject, one after another the spirits think and you just listen, choose or reject the ideas which they transmit to your mind through your brain in the form of thoughts. Brain is just a media to connect the spirits to your mind. A mind is just a computer's mind. After the destruction of a computer completely you will not get it's mind. The same is the case with the human beings. Soul is nothing but an energy needed for the functionality of a body. It is not a spirit or anything else. A body's functionality is based on the auto mechanism.  After death all spirits which accompanied a person quit and go to different places searching new bodies. No one lives after death in any form and there is no afterlife. All human beings are just robots made of flesh and bones and toys of the spirits for their games.

You must not leave your mind in it's own way. If you do, the spirit will take your mind for it's own, then controlling it is not so easy. First of all you must think and believe that it's not you. Then you must command that spirit both mentally and orally to go. Whenever you are possessed by that thought you must divert your mind at once towards some other subject and stay in it for a while and then continue your duty. This is a mental exercise. You may also bring at once an opposite feeling through your imagination. For example if the depression is about your future then you may think, imagine and believe that you are going to live a healthy, wealthy and happy life in future. You must continue this exercise for few days. While doing this exercise you are creating an opposing spirit, i.e., a positive force. Soon this new spirit gets stronger and eliminates the negative force. Within a few days you will be alright.

• Git

Why not look at it from the bright side:

Life is so unfair? Everyone dies, sooner or later. Some have every reasons to live for - health, wealth and loved ones but they will still die. If you have nothing, you have fewer things to lose. Those who have everything, has everything to lose.

No one gives but take? Why don’t you try giving? You will be surprised how fulfilling it can be. If you don’t try it you can never know.

Find meaning in life. Life do not dictate your meaning, purpose or destiny. Only you can. Life is not about chugging along, helplessly going where life takes you; it about taking control and deciding the path to take.

• Liz

I'm sorry you feel that way. Practicing Christians know that God has a wonderful purpose for humans - a much better life on earth than what we're living right now. Please considering downloading the publication below. I hope it will spark your interest and give you a different outlook.

Source(s): wol.jw.org/bhs/CHAPTER THREE -What Is God’s Purpose for Humans?

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Don't let the door hit you on the but on your way out. You self pitying self indulgent self absorbed little creep, pretending that you don't see the rise of evil in the land. You're going to sneak off snd commit your own private little suicide sniveling about your damned self and not even fall fighting the oppressor,not even take out one of the Tyrants and give us some small crumb of help as we fight desperately for a freer, more beautiful and happier world. FINE then, just freaking GO.

• j153e

Unfair, hate, pain.

Do you love your parents; do they love you?  If so, talk with them about your pain.As for joy and love, those moments  rise as treasures in heaven.

There is a character in the Bible, Tabitha ("gazelle"), which reflects her restoration grace (raised from the dead by Peter).  Kindly read the brief novel by C. S. Lewis, "The Great Divorce," to help understand that it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

As for earthly life, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarcht_o... is a good map you can check your progress with.

Physical pain, both acute and chronic, is a very trying situation.  Seek healing and therapy.

Counseling along with communication with your parents is also good:  https://www.hopefortheheart.org/ and http://klove.com/ for example.

Take care; here are some good resources:

Understanding Yourself, by Mark Prophet;

Answers, by Mother Meera; https://www.mothermeera.com/ 

For Couples Only.