Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 2 months ago

As salamu alaykum. Who should Muslims vote for in USA election under the guidance of Prophet Mohamed PBUH and the direction of Allah SWT?

Why would any genuine Muslim be asking any person which way to vote? Insha' Allah I will vote and do as Allah (swt) guides me in all things and Insha' Allah I will seek His forgiveness if I stray even slightly from that path. 

However, I have to disagree, very slightly, with what is written in another answer. With all due respect, when there is a choice between two candidates and one of them is 'of the book' and the other is not it is acceptable and right, in my opinion, to choose the person who is 'of the book' over the other candidate if there are no Muslim candidates and the other is clearly not 'of the book'.

If you are allowed to eat food consecrated by a Christian why is it not acceptable to vote for that person as a leader if there is no better candidate in that respect? To choose a person who is not 'of the book' over one that is might actually be against the Sunnah and therefore actually a sin. After all, the closest in love to the Muslims are ... the Christians and their Lord is our Lord. Should we not therefore choose them above all others (outside of brothers and sisters, of course)?  

In regard to the comment of Surah Al-Ma'idah' (5:51) I believe what is intended by that statement concerns those who choose Christians and Jews >in preference< to and >above< Muslims. However, as is written in various places within the Qur'an, if a decision or choice is forced upon you through necessity there is no sin associated in that case. That, I believe, would very much include making the choice between a Christian and an unbeliever. All comments and dissenting views welcome.

Peace.

• Imran

Donald Trump . . . . . . . . . . . . 

According to the Quran they must only vote for a Muslim candidate.

In the Surah Al-Ma'idah' (5:51) it says,

"O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Auliya' (friends, protectors, helpers, etc.), they are but Auliya' to one another. And if any amongst you takes them as Auliya', then surely he is one of them. Verily, Allah guides not those people who are the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers and unjust)."

In Indonesia in 2017 the Christian governor of Djakarta was running for re-election. Local Muslims told the populace that this verse of the Quran forbade Muslims for voting for him. The governor criticised this position and he was tried, convicted and jailed for blasphemy.

So consistent with this position, Muslims should not vote for either of the two major candidates for the US presidential election. I am not American, but looking over the list of US Presidential candidates with ballot access I could not find one who was Muslim. There is even a candidate who was born Muslim but converted to Judaism.

This means that effectively Muslims in the USA should have no real chance of influencing who will be president. Even if they are able to vote for a Muslim candidate in their state, that candidate has very little chance of actually becoming president.

So I am shocked to see the following news article talking about how many American Muslims would vote for Biden:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/10/14/muslim-a...

He may have policies which are better for Muslims than Trump's policies, but he is still a Roman Catholic, meaning Muslims shouldn't vote for him. It seems many Muslims ignore the Quran when it suits them.

I'm not voting this year. 4 years ago I voted for Hillary and you see how that turned out! I'm not going to vote against Trump. I think he is just doing his job as president.

Waalaikumussalam .The one whom you see that he promote peace and justice among mankind and voice for those who are being oppressed or down trodden people of the world.

Wasslam 

What does election has to do with Allah and the Prophet? 

Your question is stupid.

• Mintee

whoever they choose

To which ur mind is satisfied that he is up right and his policies are beneficial to the Muslims