Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 month ago

My friend is annoyed i want to get a covid test a week before her wedding?

I have been feeling sluggish and sick the past few days her wedding is in Pennsylvania with 150 people i mentioned i wanted to get tested before goin into a crowd and she’s annoyed claiming the tests are not accurate and if i test positive and don’t go it will ruin the wedding 

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Follow your plans to be tested.

It is delusional that you would ruin her wedding if you had tested positive for covid and stayed home.  That is bridezilla talking. Ohh, it would be so much better if you showed up sick and infected dozens of people to take the virus back home to their loved ones? Jesus Christ, with stupid people like that bride, no wonder this virus is spreading.

Get tested and do what is right. 

• 1 month ago

She should be thankful. Have the test no matter what she says.  If by  chance you tested positive do you want do endanger not only yourself; but, possibly infect atleast some of the 150 and even the bride and groom.  She sounds spoiled and apparently does not get the seriousness of this virus.  I wonder how many people will show up in this crowed atmosphere and if you don't get tested; but, do have it--can you live with yourself if someone perhaps an older person gets this and dies from it. You may think I am overthinking; but,  this is something that needs to be thought over very, very seriously.  In fact if I were you, I would back out for your safety. How many million people have been killed by this virus and it is so easily transmitted.  You decide, your friend or your life.

• 1 month ago

Ur friend is a COVIDiot! Go get the test. Its ur body and ur moral responsibility.

• -
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

this is why people are dying. Get tested. If you are positive don't go because then you'll infect others. Imaging if you are and you give it to the bride and she dies.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If you are infected and you go it will not only be the wedding ruined!

• Tara
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Your health - and the health of everyone around you - is the most important thing.  She probably would not want to catch Covid from you (if you have it).

• drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If have a positive test and are feeling ill, don’t go. Tell her you are sick don’t mention the test. Actually don’t mention it to her at all. Contact someone else. Her mother. If necessary tell her you have a fever and can’t travel.

• 1 month ago

If you're positive and go (without getting a test) it will also put a dampner on the celebrations... especially if anyone ends up dead.

So perhaps point that out. 

• Teal
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Get tested. Your health is your own business and how she feels about it isn't your problem. She told you outright that her wedding should take priority over your health and the safety of others. This isn't how a friend behaves and you shouldn't waste any sympathy on her. She has none for you.

If you are worried about catching covid or spreading it to others, you shouldn't go at all. A presumably indoor event of 150 would require perfect compliance and cooperation to pull off safely, your friend clearly isn't going to make that effort. Her wedding will be ruined because of her own ignorance and lack of care for her friends and family, not because you chose to be cautious and protect yourself.

• 1 month ago

That's her problem, not yours. If you're unsure and want to be safe, go ahead and take the test. It's not like you're going to blow someone up. If anything, props to you for actually wanting to go get tested. Mind you, when you get tested they recommend that you stay at home for 2 weeks to see if any symptoms show up.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.