Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAustraliaGeneral - Australia · 1 week ago

Is it time for Scott Morrison to show some leadership and get all Australian citizens home by Christmas?

Cant we establish a milatary quarantine zone in the outback. Field hospital and tent city. 

• 1 week ago

I don’t see why any of them would want to go back. Qatar is the worst hit country in the world for coronavirus (in terms of infection rate) but none of the Australians are considering going back to Oz. If they are still abroad at this point it’s because they have a good job. Why would they want to go back to Australia where there is no decent work?

It’s not as if they can just go back and claim benefits either. Not if it’s like the UK at least. I don’t have resident status in the UK so am not entitled to anything. You have to live there for over 6 months of the year to qualify as a resident. I wouldn’t even be eligible for NHS treatment. I imagine it’s fairly similar in Australia. Only the refugees and foreigners gets treated well. British people are second class citizens in the UK. 

• garry
    4 days ago

leadership , here choice to go overseas on a holiday , they knew they cant come in after a certain date  , seems they deserve to be locked out , thats what leaders do , should thank him instead of those so called goody twoshoes do .

• 1 week ago

people that live over seas and are rarely here are not aussies  ...they are just after our money and government is blind ..they should make sensible rules  to say who are aussies 

1 week ago

The slower the better, makes no sense bringing back large numbers of people when some will have covid, like what's happening now is working and manageable.

• 1 week ago

Anyone who's been living overseas for 5 years or more should be left there, they're not paying taxes in Australia so why should the Government worry about them, the rest can come home an most likely will be home before Christmas, if they whinge about the cost of a ticket than leave them there.

My Grandson was in America training when the first outbreak was known and he came straight home and so should have everybody else.

• 1 week ago

Half of them are slummies. 

• John P
    1 week ago

What if some Australian citizens don't want to go back to Australia at the moment?  I can think of several Aussie citizens whom I know who would not want to go to Australia at the moment.

• 1 week ago

Do all Australian citizens actually want to return?

Those that want to and can are able to do so, subject to the usual quarantine requirements.