Federal gov't to execute first woman since 1953, next December, do you support/agree?

Lisa Montgomery was convicted of killing a pregnant woman and kidnapping her unborn baby in 2004. She's set for execution in December.

Do you think it's ethical to execute a woman? 

44 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Ethical? Of course it is. This woman committed a life taking crime deliberately, making her a mad animal that needs to be put down. If anything is unethical here, it's the fact that she's been in and out of courts and imprisoned for the past 16 years at taxpayers' expense. With the escalating crime throughout America we need o get tougher with crimnals.

• 1 month ago

Generally speaking I lean against capital punishment because I believe that if your society says that killing is wrong, then its kind of hypocritical for society to kill people.

But then again, there are are some crimes that I hear about where I actually want to drop the murderer in a pot of slowly boiling oil because that is what the criminal deserves.

• L
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Due to her crime - YES she should be executed!!!  NO one has the Right to kidnap a pregnant woman, kill her and take the unborn baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month ago

Laws are laws. 

To carve open a body and kill a pregnant woman to steal her baby is an unforgivable crime and should be punishable by death.

Otherwise the criminal can stay in jail for decades, costing taxpayers $50,000.00 a year. Added up over decades key that imprisoned.

Helluva lot of money to keep a sorryass murderer alive and imprisioned.

That money could be used for worthwhile causes that have real positive benefits rather than be spent on a worthless pre meditated grotesque murderer.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I would like to see all death penalty convictions carried out within one year.. ALL of them..

• 1 month ago

If she was a minor (below age 21) when she committed the crime, it's a crime against humanity to execute her.

Otherwise no. Her gender does not matter. 

• 1 month ago

If you based your position on the death penalty on the gender of the person, you are a sexist.

I don't know the details of the case. If she was legitimately convicted of a crime for which I support the death penalty, I COULDN'T CARE LESS that she is a she.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Hell they already starved poor Terry Schiavo to death when we were rich and caused the Bubble to burst, and she hadn't even done anything.

• Rick
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I support the death penalty, yes ...........................

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It is no more nor less ethical to kill a woman than to kill a man.

• 1 month ago

I see no moral or ethical qualms about a woman murderer being executed.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.