Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 2 months ago

Why do alot of people hate rap music despite it being the most popular genre?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Well, at 28% it is the most popular genre.  The other 12 genres are dividing up the remaining 72%, which is a lot of MFers what hate rap.

  • 1 month ago

    maybe because they find to repetitive cause modern rappers kinda suck theyre just flexing on us

    and also rap isn't the most popular genre of music i think it's pop

  • blank
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Simple

    It is not thier taste in music. Some people don't like th topic or even the Rapping itself.

  • 1 month ago

    They don’t like things that are different and they don’t enjoy seeing people being different having fun. 

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    As a rap fan. Its no longer rap is why

  • Ramiro
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

    Because rap is awesome like a possum.

  • 1 month ago

    There is a difference between popularity based on listenership and promotion.  Rap being hyped up by the music industry and pop-culture is a marketing ploy to make money.  That doesn't mean that it's generally accepted by the masses.  In the last 20 years rap has been commercialize by appealing to suburban kids, but overall, I think many people don't find it as relatable as other genres.  

  • 2 months ago

    How do you know it's the most popular? Even if it is, that doesn't mean everyone has to like it. In spite of what the record companies and rap artist label it, rap is not music. Rap artist aren't the only ones selling hit recordings and drawing large audiences.

  • 2 months ago

    I think it's a couple of reasons....they don't like that the artists are Black and making a lot of money.....also they don't understand the genre. 

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    It's not actually music - just spoken words.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.