Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 weeks ago

Which is worse? Covid 19 or Spanish Flu?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Sergio
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

To think that it is called Spanish flu because it was detected there. And the Democrats and their liberal news networks do not want the Chinese coronavirus to be called covid-19 !!!! Their pro-China attitude is disgusting

• ennui
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

The Spanish Flu killed many more, but we don't know how long Covid-19 will go on. Doubtful it will match the numbers, though. We didn't have modern medicine or vaccines in 1918. >> For Sergio above me: "The first observations of illness and mortality were documented in the United States (in Fort Riley, Haskell County, Kansas as well as in New York City), France (Brest), Germany and the United Kingdom. To maintain morale, World War I censors minimized these early reports. Newspapers were free to report the epidemic's effects in neutral Spain, such as the grave illness of King Alfonso XIII, and these stories created a false impression of Spain as especially hard hit." There is absolutely NO evidence that the Spanish Flu was [first] detected in Spain. Its origins are still unknown.

• 2 weeks ago

Never had either so I cant say.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Spanish flu by far. 50 million dead, about a 10% mortality rate.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

as i have not studied either diseases in depth i cannot conclude, although the spanish flu was a plague, and plagues tend to really affect over 50% of population.

Plague also refers to the numerous and prevalence of such.

• 2 weeks ago

I don’t know which one is worse, but Spanish Flu lasted 3 years 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.