Business is pressuring me to make a contract with them. Is this a bad sign?

To prepare for my wedding, I have been reaching out a couple of related businesses. My wedding is in 10 months God willing and I don't want to wait till the last minute but at the same time, I dont want to hire the first person I speak to. I found this entertainment company online. It had really good reviews so I gave them a call. The person was really nice. He answered all my questions and spent 40 mins on the phone with me going over details, but since it was the first person I spoke to regarding entertainment, I didn't want to make a decision. I told him I'll check other places, speak with my fiance and I will let him know. However, he reached out next day to follow up even though I told him i will think about it and reach out. I told him that we still haven't made a decision and I will let him know when I do. He reached out the next day again! I didn't reply because I was clear to him. I reached out today with more questions that would help me make a decision which he answered but then added, " we would have to finalize everything and to let him know when I have time". I told him I'm meeting another company on Monday and will make a desicion after that. He is really nice and I know this is how they make money. They lost a lot of money because of the pandemic but I feel like he is being too pushy and I don't want to hire him and be disappointed. He had really good reviews and I know he has a lot of experience. Am I overthinking it? What do you think? Is this a red flag? 

• drip

Touching back with a potential client is normal. But to call you the next day and the day after than is a bit much. Go with your guts. If you feel you wouldn’t be comfortable hiring him, don’t. 

• Trish

It's always hard when you have to part with your money and they depend on it.

• Kelly

Yes, you are overthinking this.

Sales are how they make money and they are trying to sell their services.

If anyone is waving a red flag it is actually you.  If you've decided not to have their services, you need to let them know..  otherwise you are wasting their time when they could focus on a paying customer.

10 months is a short time away and the closer you book to your wedding in general the more things will cost.

His job is to get the deal signed.   

Prices are subject to change UNTIL the deal is signed.

You're making this more complicated than it is.    If you're ready to lock in pricing and sign, then do so.   If you're not, then don't. 

I really don't know what your question is.

look, he's just trying to pay his rent.... calm down. companies do this. especially if he's freelance or contract or something. it's what they do so you can pick them. standard practice. 

• A.J.

Like anything in reservations, a signed contract and deposit sets the commitment. You need certain services for the wedding. Prices can change until the contract is signed. Availability can change until the contract is signed. Did you tell him when you would contact next by date and time? You don't state that. There is no red flag, but he cannot keep your date open.  

You can negotiate refund reasons and amount of deposit.