Kill myself, or stay alive for the kids?

My wife told me today she wants a divorce. Now I'm thinking of my kids 100%. If I kill myself I have a 700,000.00 life insurance policy. I give 300k to my wife to pay off the house and any other Bill's. So she gets a clean slate. I have 2 daughters and give them each 200k for when they turn 18. They are 3 and 1 right now. 

So my thought process is simply what is better for my kids? Grow up with a dad that only sees them on certain days, or when they turn 18 have 200k to start their lifes with? If I kill myself now they are young enough I'll be forgotten, my ex will remarry so they will have one dad. So did they lose anything?

Or

I stay alive, be a constant disappointment and source of heart ache to them. Shooting myself seems better.

Don't. Don't kill yourself. You matter, especially to your kids. I'm sure they'd choose their dad over money any day.

• Jane

Check the small print on your policy, you may find it doesn't pay out on suicide death. It would be a shame to kill yourself, thinking they would remember you for leaving them money, only to find out that not only would they be poorer, but without a father. Of course, you would be dead so you would have no idea what devastation you left behind-your tiny daughters would be the ones to have to deal with your decision for the rest of their lives.

I don't know what you're thinking but first of all don't do it no one will get money insurance companies do not pay out on life insurance claims if the person commits suicide

Source(s): If you don't believe me Google it or Yahoo it
  • L

Your children NEED a mother and a father.  SHAME on you!

Do you really want to risk your soul going to eternal hell so that your wife can pay off the house?! Please, think!!!!!

• car253

Your kids would rather have you than any amount of money.    Without you your kids will suffer greatly their WHOLE lives.   They will never forgive you for leaving them. 

Divorce is hard but you will get through it.   And, you will start a new life that will turn out just fine.    Your kids need YOU !!   

Pretty sure you can contribute more than 200k towards your kids' lives in the 15 years for your 3 year old to turn 18, if you're just thinking about the money. I had a gf who lost her dad to suicide and would get 150k when she turned 18 and everyday I know she would've rather had her father than the money

But you're not thinking of your children at all. Yes you're gonna be divorced, but that doesn't mean you can't still be there for your kids. By killing yourself you deprive your little ones of a dad. And children love both mum and dad equally. 

You won't get your insurance payout if you kill yourself. They don't pay off on suicides. So you'd be leaving your daughters with nothing anyway. 

There is help and therapy available. I think you need it. You're actually NOT thinking of your kids if you think suicide is a better option than picking yourself up off the floor and trying your best. What you're thinking of is the easy way to resolve a bad issue. And suicide is NEVER an easy solution--because it always leaves those who are left behind with questions, doubts and guilt. That's NOT what you want for your kids, believe me. 

There is an absolutely perfect quote I have always loved from the silent film star Mary Pickford which applies here:  She said, "You can have a fresh start anytime you choose, for this thing we call failure is not the falling down, it's the STAYING down."  Please think about that. You have a setback--but all setbacks are opportunities as well--they give you a place to begin ANEW from. Start by being the best father you know how to be to your daughters, not a source of income only. You can be the parent they cherish, despite your divorce and the separation. It's possible and you CAN manage it. Yes, things may look bleak now--but every single night has a morning that follows. Every one of them. And every single new morning is a new chance. 

• Adam

Your kids donot want money, they need you instead. Stay alive, for your kids and for yourself.