Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 month ago

If deer corn is illegal to use while hunting in Maryland, then why is it sold everywhere?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • C T M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

In Maryland you can feed deer up to opening day of hunting season. Then you must stop. If you are setting up feeding stations to attract deer they must be removed and the corn must be removed prior to opening day. That's why they sell deer corn up there

• Mr.357
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

In most areas, hunting season is only a few months, leaving quite a few months to attract deer.

• 1 month ago

I don't know, but if I catch any deer eating my corn, that deer may get shot.

• 1 month ago

It is illegal to bait deer for hunting.   There is nothing wrong with feeding deer.    So feed them all you want but then do not go out during hunting season and shoot them where you have been feeding them. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

many animals eat  it, including: songbirds, hawks, crows, quail, squirrels, opossum, rabbits, raccoon, foxes, turkey, cows and deer. Corn is high in starch and a good source of digestible energy, but can cause problems in a deer's digestive system

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.