Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 month ago

If deer corn is illegal to use while hunting in Maryland, then why is it sold everywhere?

• C T M

In Maryland you can feed deer up to opening day of hunting season. Then you must stop. If you are setting up feeding stations to attract deer they must be removed and the corn must be removed prior to opening day. That's why they sell deer corn up there

• Mr.357

In most areas, hunting season is only a few months, leaving quite a few months to attract deer.

I don't know, but if I catch any deer eating my corn, that deer may get shot.

It is illegal to bait deer for hunting.   There is nothing wrong with feeding deer.    So feed them all you want but then do not go out during hunting season and shoot them where you have been feeding them. 

many animals eat  it, including: songbirds, hawks, crows, quail, squirrels, opossum, rabbits, raccoon, foxes, turkey, cows and deer. Corn is high in starch and a good source of digestible energy, but can cause problems in a deer's digestive system