Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Why would my BF go on a dating site even though nothing is wrong with us?

I caught a dating notification on his phone yesterday and he was saying sorry, that he didn't use it for long time, etc. And today he was again voluntarily apologetic and saying that he loves me so many times. Why would he use that site though in the first place?

The same thing happened to me. I know you probably love him a lot, but if he respected you he would have deleted it just like you have probably deleted all dating sites off of your phone. People do not go on those sites to waste time. Were you able to see any of the conversations he was having on there? My ex told me he was just joking with the girls and that he was never going to meet up although there is evidence of him giving out his address. Please try to love yourself enough to get out of this. you shouldnt have to tell your boyfriend to stay off of dating sites. It will be hard at first, but very soon you will realize that you didn't even need him in the first place. I cut off my ex after that experience and now i'm with a man who treats me better than anyone else ever has. 

Source(s): Take it from me.

That is a form of cheating, If I was you I would remember that. Either way it proves he's not all in with you and still has his options open. Say what he's saying is true about not using it, I would look at his conversations or whatever to gauge his activity on it. If you can't see he's been using it, watch him delete it. If he has been using it I would leave. Staying after finding that out and having him lie about it has broken the trust anyway and it's hard to regain trust once it's lost. You don't want to be wondering and checking up on him because that steals your peace of mind and it's all down hill from there.

I have a feeling that he is going behind your back and is probably seeing other people. Unless it just happens to be on his phone still from when he got together with you, but if you've been together for a long period of time it's obvious he should've deleted that by now, so I think he is trying to have his cake and eat it too.

SOMETHING IS WRONG

That could have been before you guys got together. He was probably lonely before he got with you. Most of the time guys don't go through things like that and delete it like we do. We kind of clean everything out and they don't because they don't feel like it or don't care to.

He is cheating on you! That's the same thing that I was doing.

Leave him, he's not sorry he did it. Yes sorry he got caught. Love yourself enough to remove yourself from this situation. If he didn't stop before he won't now. There are real upstanding men out there this guy sounds like a egotistical prick.

Sounds like he is sorry he got caught. You deserve better than this loser. Dump him now, it will save you a bunch of pain. You might teach him a lesson about loyalty.

I've looked at a dating site just out of curiosity and have never used any nor would I.

he didnt like you first , but now he does .

dont make it a big deal.

Hopefully to get a piece of tail, sounds like his head is on straight.