Is it wrong to sleep with your head facing towards the north? How do you sleep and has it affected your sleep?

Some people say magnetic fields on the Earth are concentrated in the North and the South Pole. When you sleep with your head pointing north, your body’s magnetic field interferes with that of earth. This can affect your sleep and cause distrubances.

Some also say our blood contains a lot of iron. When we sleep facing North, the magnetic pull of the direction attracts iron, which gets accumulated in the brain. This is the reason they say why many people complain of getting a headache when they wake up.Do you agree with this? What is your experience? 

Update:

They say the best way to sleep is facing your head towards the south for better sleep. Is this true?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

This makes no sense at all. The only free-floating iron in your body is in your blood cells. The force of pressure created by your heart is thousands of times the force created by Earth's magnetic field. The iron would not accumulate.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The Earth's magnetic field disrupting your sleep? I think you're looking for an excuse. There's nothing to back up this magnetic field claim. How about you try a lot less Internet and a lot more exercise.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

In my present house it would be difficult to re-arrange the bedrooms for south/north sleeping.    My head faces west.

• j153e
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetoreception gives some information about how magnetic fields influence organisms.

You might be able to answer your question by sleeping N for a week or month, then S for a week or month, etc., keeping a record of your sleep quality, dreams, etc.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Well this is the first time I've ever heard this, and I must say it doesn't have the ring of truth to it.

• 1 month ago

The best way for you to get some decent sleep is to get off the internet and sit your lazy behind on a bicycle and get some exercise.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

In terms of hard scientific fact, the direction of your head or body in relation to magnetic fields during sleep makes absolutely zero difference.

Your sleep will be better if your sleep orientation takes into account light and temperature and ignores magnetic fields.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.