Same price water bills?

Are water bills the same price in every state in the USA?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

No.  They vary pretty widely.  You can even have different prices depending upon your supplier - I have a different supplier than the street behind me, for example, and they have different rates.  I live in a city near a river.  My in-laws live in the country and depend upon the town's reservoir.  Their water prices are more than double mine.

• L
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

NO.  Every city/town controls their own water rates.

• david
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

No, they're effected by production costs and the financial shape of the utility. But if you wan to something crazy; people in the US are willing to pay as much as $12.45/gallon for water, in a region of the world where the $#!+ pretty much just falls out of the sky. 

• 1 month ago

No, water bills are not the same price in every state in the USA.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Mark
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

No, neither are any utilities.

• 1 month ago

Not even close to the same. The price of a household's water bill depends on so many factors there is no way it could be the same everywhere. Factors that matter are local taxes, assessments, amount of water used, type of septic system in the area, amount of leakage and many other things. 

• 1 month ago

No, they aren't even the same in every city in one state.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

no!!! .........................................

• 1 month ago

They aren't even the same price in different cities located right beside one another. So, no.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nope.  In most places, water is paid for per unit.  In some places, though, they still do the "use as much or as little water as you want; you'll pay the same price".  Canada is much the same.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.