Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 month ago

how long will it take them to count the votes probably? when will we have the first reports of who probably won? why?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Given that some jurisdictions are announcing they'll accept mail-in ballots postmarked up to three days after Nov. 3rd, it could be a while. 

• 1 month ago

I think in the great majority of cases, we'll know the morning after the election who won.  Some 85-90% of the votes (at least) will have been counted and the remaining ballots won't make that much difference. There MAY be a few places where more votes than that haven't been counted, or where the election is very very close and it could come down to a few hundred votes.

Of course there will be a load of rumors and lies, especially in races the Republicans lose.  Because that's just how they roll.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It will be called for Biden on the night. 

• 1 month ago

We will likely have a good idea who won on the night of the election. However, the states continue counting the votes and certify the election for a couple weeks after election day.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Since the GOP and  Trump are going to be challenging everyplace they lose, I wouldn't count on any final results for at least days, possibly weeks, and maybe even lounger.

• 1 month ago

I think they will be done around 3 am EST time.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.