Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

How often can I douche?

I’ve read many sources say that you can douche As many times as you need until the water runs clear in the same day, but at the same time they say you can’t douche more than once in a day? 

I know doucheing isn’t necessary, but I feel more comfortable doing it. 

If anyone has any advice please let me know in the comments below.

6 days ago

Douching is actually really bad for you. It can cause an imbalance of bacteria or yeast, which can cause yeast or bacterial infections. The vagina cleans itself. The best thing is to only rinse with plain water. You don’t need to douche, or use any other product down there, even soap. Douching will only wash away the natural fluids in your vagina that are necessary to keep things healthy. 

douche is what i call phinewsas when he made me shitmnyslef idk id say not often

• Speaking from secondhand experience I can tell you that this is actually NOT something you want to do frequently.

As a young naive man I encouraged my girlfriend at the time to do it more frequently than needed out of my own ignorance and her gynecologist explained that even the mild chemicals in douches can unbalance the natural normal ph within the vagina. This can result in numerous problems which can include mild to excessive yeast infections, dryness and other issues which can bring severe discomfort.

The vagina has a NATURAL self cleaning process. Regular shower and bathing aids in external cleaning as well.

Douching should be reserved for times when you feel your natural cleaning process isn't "cutting it" but if this is frequently the case, you should see your gynecologist and speak to them about that.

you douche when your period is almost done. but I wouldn't do it too much because u don't want to strip your normal bacteria and ph levels. 

most dont recommend it

• MissA

So I *suspect* based on the content of your question that you are looking more into anal douching as a precursor to anal sex, rather than the kind of douching that is done in the vagina.

Vaginal douching really should never be done.  It's not just unnecessary, it's unhealthy.

Anal douching should be able to be accomplished to an adequate level of cleanliness with a few passes.

Never! Wash your vulva gently everyday and leave your vagina to keep itself clean. Douching will leave you at risk of nasty infections and you'll also wash away your natural discharge which lubricates your vagina and makes intercourse easier and more pleasurable. The person that suggested cleaning out your vagina with bubble bath is completely nuts.

A mild mix of vinegar, warm water, and if you want, add your favorite bubble bath soap and it will be fine daily if you like.

Do not douche at all.  It is actually very bad for the vaginal ph. If you douche you are opening yourself up to infections as you are altering the delicate PH balance.  The only thing that you need to cleanse your vagina is regular water and even then, its not really necessary as the vagina is a self cleaning organ.

• :)

Douching isn’t medically advised. Only in special circumstances.