Brandon asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

My niece went to collage a few months ago and now her aunts pitbull is acting strange. Is there anything I can do to help?

He also tried to bite his owner which he has never done before my niece left.

After all these months the dog is just now displaying a weird behavior?  What else has happened that would cause the dog to change its behavior?  I don't think the two are related or the dog would have started showing this behavior long before now.

Dog may be grieving the loss of niece.  Is the dog the aunts dog or the nieces dog?  Dog may be just missing the niece.  If it is not the missing of the niece, there could be a medical issue that is causing this weird behavior.  If that be the case, a visit to the Vet may be necessary.

No, there's absolutely nothing that nobody who knows anything about dogs can do to help.  The owner of the dog needs to get this behaviour under control immediately - with the help of a qualified professional.  Obviously, this dog has some serious problems and they sure didn't just pop up out of nowhere.

Video call your niece and let the dog see her and hear her voice.