If your husband, b/f questioned the paternity of your child, and it was proven he was wrong, it is his child, would you stay with him or go?

The day the paternity test results came back showing he was the legitimate father of my child would be the same day the divorce paperwork would be initiated. 

A good friend and her husband decided not to have children, so he got a vasectomy. Much to their surprise, she became pregnant. He immediately accused her of cheating and made her pregnancy miserable. He is black, she is white, both enlisted in the Air Force, stationed together. He told her when her white baby was born, he was going to leave her. She asked him to stop the bullshit and have his sperm count tested, he refused.. She had the mixed race child. 

They received the DNA documents after child birth. Sure enough, the baby was his. The next day, an entirely different document was drafted...divorce papers.

He did not want children, so the marriage was effectively over the day his vasectomy failed.

• Willie

If I was a woman I would drop him like a hot potatoe and make sure he paid child support until the baby is 18 years old.

• LizB

My children were the result of fertility treatments with which my husband was fully involved, so if he doubted paternity he'd have to have a *really* good reason. As in the kind of reason that might involve taking legal action against the clinic.

I can't imagine my husband questioning this, but if he did, I would want to know what his line of thinking was, because neither of us are cheaters.

I would leave. 

• Jill

I am not the type of person who would ever cheat on my partner so there could never be any question of who the father is. If they didn't trust me on that then I wouldn't want to be with them. 

I wouldn't base the decision on just that one thing.

A man has the right to question paternity if he thinks the mother was with other men at the time of conception. If a man wants a paternity test, I’d just do it at birth so the child never has to know anything about it. I’d only be really upset with the guy if he dragged the process out or made unnecessary drama out of it. If he asked for a test at birth, I’d just get it done so there’s no question ever again. If he used his doubts as an excuse to avoid responsibility, or dragged the issue out for a long time, I’d probably leave him. Men have a right to know who their children are. They don’t have the right to bring the child into the adult problems, or refuse to care for the child. If my man denied paternity, I’d have a test kit the next day. I don’t understand these people who play games and let those doubts sit for years. DNA testing is so simple and cheap these days, there’s no excuse for anyone to have paternity questions beyond the first month of the baby’s life. TV shows make stupid drama out of it, but in reality there’s no reason for anyone to not know.