Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 month ago

Do you think Dodgers would have a better chance to win World Series if they bench Kershaw and Jansen for the entire series?

Kershaw and Jansen are two of the biggest chokers in playoff history.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Dodgers won WS because Jansen DIDN'T close games.  He's done; the fact that Urias closed out Game 7 says it all.

• Gregg
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Bench Jansen, yes.  He nearly blew the Dodgers the night before then he screwed the Dodgers last night.  Bench him now.  BTW, what's that Kike bunting with the runner on second?

• 1 month ago

Duck Dodgers was in the 23rd and a half century.

• 1 month ago

No, I don't think so especially since they went seven games and have a pitching disadvantage in the first couple of World Series games.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • David
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You DO NOT bench a future Hall of Famer like Kershaw heading into the World Series.

• 1 month ago

I guess you're not happy with his performance last night, huh?

• Mike W
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Kershaw and Jansen should be all right this year.  I'm not sure if they're past problems had anything to do with choking.  It could be that the were overused, and by the time they got to the world series, they were just out of gas.  That shouldn't be a problem this year.  

• 1 month ago

There's a reason Baseball has been described as "a game designed to break your heart" and that Chicago Cubs fans were once described as being "90% scar tissue"...

You spend an entire summer (normally) admiring your heroes as they climb to the top of the mountain.  Then when they get there you're left with the choice of kicking your heroes off the cliff or risk letting them lead the whole team off the cliff.

You have to go with Kershaw and Jansen because that's why they're there.  Lots of people love Gonsolin, May and Urias....but like all young players, when things go bad they tend to go REALLY bad.  Same goes for hard-throwing Graterol.  One day he looks like a lights-out closer, the next he's suddenly supremely hittable.

The question is whether or not Roberts will have the nerve to pull them a batter too soon than a batter too late.  In my mind, his hesitancy to make moves has been just as big a part of Kershaw and Jansen's struggles as the pitchers themselves.

You just have to accept that, more often than not, heartbreak is right around the corner....so you might as well endure it with your heroes on the mound, flawed as they might be...

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes. Urias pitched lights out as the closer in game 7 and May did a fine job starting in the post season. Kershaw and Jansen are pretty much automatic losses.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you bench Kershaw and Jansen ... who are the replacements?  Will they be better than Kershaw and Jansen?  It's also easy to declare "bench" or "DFA" but what better options do the Dodgers have than Kershaw and Jansen???

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.