How do you feel about 22 million people voting over the 6 million in 2016?

This I find very interesting. There is way more voter turn out than last year. Who is going to win all this turnout?

Who is going to win?  Perhaps Biden.  Who should win?  Definitely Trump. 

I have this theory, just based on my own observations for the last few decades.  I think we in the US had it so good for so long that too many people just forgot about politics.  They were happy to let the govt. just run on autopilot.  Then, when things started going bad, they weren't 'politically aware'.  The weren't well-informed.  They voted only for change.

Today you can tell when the voters are pis*ed off.  They VOTE!  This  year, like 2008, is a year when everyone is pis*ed off.  So they're voting, but only voting for -change-.  It's this party vs that party, and when you get fed up with that party, you vote for this party.  In 4 or 8 years you'll get fed up with this party and go back to that party.

Of course this doesn't solve the real problem, which is that we have only two choices, and that both parties are too corrupt and too beholden to corporations and other special interests.  But it's a way for Americans to show their anger and disgust.

To me, just the COVID crisis alone is enough to get me to vote for Biden.  But nothing really will change.  The tax burden is still being shifted from the rich to the middle class.  Manufacturing jobs are not coming back.  We're still going to spend way too much on unneeded, useless new weapons systems.  We're not going to do ANYTHING about global warming. Homelessness will continue to increase.  The national debt will continue to increase.  Politicians can't even TALK about the real issues, much less come up with workable solutions.  All we see is blaming and ulterior motives.  It's the same vague, unreasoned anger and resentment putting Biden in the White House that put Trump there 4 years ago. 

Sorry to sound so cynical.  Truly was it said: We get the government we deserve.  And sadly, we don't deserve better.

• Leo

Not sure what you are referring to.  Over 137 million people voted in 2016, about a third by mail.

Where?

In the USA, we had about 128 million vote in 2016.

• Mercy

Looks very good but it may just be that more people voted early to avoid the lineups on voting day due to the virus. We'll have to wait and see.

Not the GOP, they thrive on voter suppression 

Republicans have never mass supported early voting or mail in ballots, and so it's far too early to feel excited.  As they say, it's isn't over until it's over.

• debra

I feel biden has no shot--so crawl back in your hole and make believe you are worth something.

This is the blue wave we've been waiting for. Trump has awakened the sleeping giant.