Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

Carbon Monoxide in my home?

I live in a home that is about 70 years old.  Here lately, my family is extremely fatigued with no explanation.  We've also experienced light-headedness, suffocation sensations, and joint aches.  We have central air and some older appliances, but could we still have a carbon monoxide issue?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • bill
    Lv 5
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Buy a detector.They're cheap now.

• elhigh
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Without testing - and without you telling us what fuels your central heat and air - any answer we give is a WAG.

You could all just have Covid-19.

• 1 month ago

you said nothing about your furnace or whether you have gas in the house [gas water heater?] ,.,.. if any of those are not electric, then yes -- you could have CO issues   -- grampa   [CO can also seep in from outside if, for example, you are downwind from one of our wildfires, or someone is running a generator fairly nearby and upwind of the house] -- grampa

• 1 month ago

CO is one possible issue, but far from the only one.

Without testing in your home, any answer is a wild guess.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • CB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Do you have gas oil  or propane heat or any other source of combustible energy (are you one of those idiots who put a bbq grill in the living room to heat the house?) Do you have a generator running nearby (or one of those idiots who put the generator in the garage to run it?) If no to all the above then you don't have CO poisoning. 

• Droopy
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

You got something.   Do you have a carbon monoxide detector?    Are you furnace an appliances gas or oil?

• 1 month ago

its possible, get it checked out

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.