Carbon Monoxide in my home?
I live in a home that is about 70 years old. Here lately, my family is extremely fatigued with no explanation. We've also experienced light-headedness, suffocation sensations, and joint aches. We have central air and some older appliances, but could we still have a carbon monoxide issue?
- billLv 51 month agoFavourite answer
Buy a detector.They're cheap now.
- elhighLv 71 month ago
Without testing - and without you telling us what fuels your central heat and air - any answer we give is a WAG.
You could all just have Covid-19.
- Spock (rhp)Lv 71 month ago
you said nothing about your furnace or whether you have gas in the house [gas water heater?] ,.,.. if any of those are not electric, then yes -- you could have CO issues -- grampa [CO can also seep in from outside if, for example, you are downwind from one of our wildfires, or someone is running a generator fairly nearby and upwind of the house] -- grampa
- STEVEN FLv 71 month ago
CO is one possible issue, but far from the only one.
Without testing in your home, any answer is a wild guess.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- CBLv 71 month ago
Do you have gas oil or propane heat or any other source of combustible energy (are you one of those idiots who put a bbq grill in the living room to heat the house?) Do you have a generator running nearby (or one of those idiots who put the generator in the garage to run it?) If no to all the above then you don't have CO poisoning.
- DroopyLv 51 month ago
You got something. Do you have a carbon monoxide detector? Are you furnace an appliances gas or oil?
- Pearl LLv 71 month ago
its possible, get it checked out