Why did some people think 2020 would be our year (see details)?

Most of us were not expecting a year nearly as bad as it's been in December 2019, but even before 2020 became SUPER chaotic, why did anyone think it would be anything besides just another year?

The start of a new decade, perhaps? That always makes people tend to want to try a little bit more. It was that way in '90, that way in '00 (and I remember people going especially crazy, as this was also a new millennium), and '10. 

• ?

I was one of those people who though 2020 would be a good year. How wrong I was. I mean I'm getting through it ok but I wish we could go back to 2019 without this virus thing causing disruption. On a side note I hate December. Dark and cold. 

2020 is not even close to chaotic... if you listen to the democrats then yes.. but otherwise, coronavirus is barely .0006% of deaths in america... it is worse for the flu and car accidents... grow up!!