Why do teens smoke?

Serious discussion question

bad influence from others 

Obviously peer pressure &/or bad parenting is to blame zx

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

They have problems with their lives or they have family issues growing up with no dad.

No one i. Their right mind would begin smoking cigs in this day and age because it is well documented on how  bad smoking is to your health.

Many Teens are quite ignorant and rebellious while they think they are invincible. This mind-set clouds their judgement which interferes with the logical thinking process that toxic smoke is, indeed causing cancer along with lung and heart diseases.

Howsoever, although teens do not look cool while they smoke, they have mistakenly convinced themselves otherwise.

• Fred

I would say so they look a bit like a rebel who is not ruled by adults.  It is there way of trying to look as so they are adult and independent but in reality all they are doing is showing their immaturity.

To look cool or they just have a habit of inhaling smoke , I smoked vapes and I stopped one day and I didn’t feel needy or nothing I just had a habit of grabbing the vape and inhaling. 

• mikey

Why does anyone smoke!

cause theyre addicted to it and dont care if they get cancer from it

• GA41

To mimic being older and more mature and as a result of peer pressure.  A teen wants to be accepted by their peers.

Because they are insecure and trying to look cool.