Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 month ago

Seniors, When you die alone, Do you care how your body is disposed of ,cremated or buried as you are dead ?

and will not be aware that you died?

no one to claim your body, family lives abroad. 

what would you do?

I wouldn't care if I was turned into Soylent Green.

Well if I am dead I wouldn't know..but if I come back as a ghost those's who disreact my body I will haunt them for dear life!!!

I want to be buried , it doesn't matter if i am cremated or not . I am going to have a set up that works with a code that each visitor will have . I will talk to each person personally in a recording. and by then i will have a hologram of me , and just say things that are personal to each one. 

BUT , before that I am going to have a great funeral i am going to play, well someone is going to play my fav rock and roll songs , lots of food and drinks booze too . with drivers to take people home who drink too much. It is going to be the party of all the celebrations of life , comedians, bands and of course I will be in a recording telling them all how much i loved them and that they enriched my life ....well basically like the parties I have now / or did before covid and will again . But i love throwing big happy parties !!  

• Janet

If there is no life after death, it doesn't matter what they do with my body.

If there is liffe after death then my body is just a garment I shed when I leave ... and it still doesn't matter.

I would hope that my children would save money and just cremate the body.  Even a funeral seems like a waste of money., unless one of my children feels the need for the ritual.  I just want them to do what it takes to be happy.

I USE my body.  I am NOT my body.

No one kNOWS if there is life after death.

Personally I really don`t give a damn what is done with my dead body. I won`t be around to care.

Ultimately everyone is eventually forgotten about anyway. 

Just shove me in a cardboard box and do whatever is cheapest and easiest.

I don't want a funeral, they are too morbid, just my family and friends have a get together to say goodbye.

I want to be cremated and my ashes to be buried in my Fathers grave.

• Laredo

I have made plans in my will to be cremated when I die and my ashes to be scattered in whatever city/town I am cremated. 

if your only family lives abroad and you are going to be alone when you die then you just have to leave a will or instructions with a solicitor and they will deal with it.

• Bill

I’m not doing anything here after I die. That’s a fact, Jack. 

i wouldnt care what happens to me, once im dead im dead

• Rick

not directly, but I want to be buried with my parents, 3,000 miles away ....