Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 1 month ago

Why do people clean their lawns up so much, when most of them only go onto their lawns when they clean it?

My neighbors are constantly mowing, raking, watering and maintaining their lawns. The thing is, that's the only time they ever go onto their grass. Only the houses that have kids actually use the grass.

So what's the point of being so fussy about something that is not used? 

They are under oxygen effects when thye rongly wash,no dislikes too!!!

• GF

They have not learned that man can not battle Mother Nature. They run to keep "their" yard "clean", while Mother Nature laughs at them. Mother Nature will always have them cleaning up their lawns. Like beaches, they will always be beach slapped by Mother Nature.

Me, I've accepted that leaves fall, grass grows and I can not control it. Nor do I want to try to control it. I'm not going to be a beach and clean up a bunch of fallen leaves because my neighbors think it looks good. They can go f themselves if they don't like it.

They don't want to give the appearance that they a lazy slobs like my neighbours. 

• Mark

We had a drought from August to the middle of October. The grass was brown in some spots. We recently received a lot of rain. The grass turned green again. Some leaves have been dropping on the ground. My mower (rider) has a mulcher on it. I take pride in my yard work.  There is a main road behind my place. A lot of people drive  on it every day. I like to alternate my mowing patterns. My back yard looks like a checker board currently. So when people drive past my  back yard. So they might think "That a nice yard to look at"

Nothing like a well manicure lawn if you ever move out your mamas house and get your own home you understand

Pride / avoid being shamed by the neighbors; and exercise.

• drip

Some people enjoy tending to their yard, it is nice to get outside and have some exercise,

It looks nice. Some people like their lawn looking nice. 

It also keeps up the whole neighborhood when people take care of their yard . 

They like the way it looks.

• Goerge

Why do people still shower and put on pants during a quarantine? What's the point? They care how they look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you like 96 and getting a kick out of people watching? Are are you simply waiting for kids to come along so you can tell them to get off your lawn as you shake your cane at them?

To make your house look presentable and attractive. I just cleaned the cupboard under the stairs but I don’t intend to spend my spare time sitting in it.