Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 month ago

Seniors what do you eat?

Seniors. What do you eat?

I wish under 60 quit coming in seniors just to gain points,   We need a space for just seniors.

Anyway what do you eat ?

I don't care about points, but I like ice cream. Ice cream will likely kill me. It is full of saturated fat, a key factor in heart problems. 

• RICK

What ever I feel like or what ever the wife cooks....I'm 69 she's 73.

For breakfast I had 2 chocolate  chip cookies and 2 cups of coffee, for dinner we had fried chicken and French fries..later tonight while watching football on TV I will have hot buttered pop corn and a soda..

I eat porridge for breakfast on alternating days and weetabix or cornflakes the other days.  For lunch I have soup and sandwiches.  Evening meal is a cooked meat plus vegetables type meal. After that I just have a warm drink before going to bed - usually it is Horlicks or Ovaltine.

• Ann

I try to eat more chicken and fish than red meat, but sometimes I just crave a steak.  Fruits and vegetables are very important; however, because i take a blood thinner, I have to watch green vegetable intake.  I eat protein items for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, and I try to eat something light for dinner.  Sweets would be my downfall if I succumbed.

I buy the big bags of "senior chow" down at the walmart

• ted

I am a vegetarian, so my diet is mostly vegetables.  However, I do eat dairy products and fish on occasion. 

I eat everything I always ate when I was younger than 60, but in more moderation. I still eat ice cream and cake, but less of it. I still eat red meat, but MUCH less of it. I still consume hard liquor, but less of it. I eat more vegetables and less sugar than I used to, and I have reduced my saturated fat intake to almost none. When I want a hamburger, I grill up one of the non-meat varieties like Beyond Burgers.

• Snid

Mostly whatever I want and whatever I like.  I try to eat a balanced diet and drink lots of water.

I eat a variety of foods and very little beef.  I eat turkey and fish and fruits, vegetables and whole wheat bread. I also drink a lot of fat-free milk.  I don't eat many sweets but unfortunately, I eat too many crackers.  I seem to be addicted to them.