WHY? I have to reapply for SNAP every year! I am permanently disabled, that won't change - why can't they just have me reapply every ?

3 to 4 years? They could include it with the CDR.

To ANYONE who wants to whine about "tax dollars" let me answer you now:"

It won't be long my darling

Pick up the phone nobody's on it

Where are your friends now baby?

aren't they the ones supposed to be there for

You

When you're falling down, the world starts spinning round

You

When you're falling down, no it's not all about you"

Ugh! I just hate all this!

Sorry...

Anonymous: shut up. 

@fodaddy what you got against Selena Gomez? She has had her share of problems but it isn’t like she is Miley Cyrus.

Fodaddy, I get what you are saying.

I've had 2 SSDI reviews, NEITHER time did they require a doctor's note.

in my state, it is every 2 years for food stamps when you are on SSI or SSDI.  the people at the anti social service may not know that, they are incapable of following their own directions.

check with your state regs.

SNAP and SS/CDR have NOTHING to do with each other.

finances change, housing/utility costs change, some people get jobs, medical costs change...you have to account for that.

they illegally refuse allowable medical and other deductions...they are supposed to deduct OTC doc approved, medical miles....and you have to haul their asses to court....or accept the lower amount than you are eligible......for those with the most severe disabilities, that is a hardship....i can't go to court, courts refuse reasonable disability accommodations.  I can't be away from home more than a couple hours, parking near the court house is deplorable, i really need a motorized wheelchair...or for them to push me in a manual wheelchair from the parking to the court.....and they sure as heck won't do that.

you can call them on the phone and they will call you back and it only takes a few minutes too renew snap, that is what I did. the phone number is on the letter then you got in the mail

• garry

its simple , they want to save money thats all , people with a disability are a liability , so you have to fill out the paper work incase you recover , never knows how god works or you might die . yes being an invalid is a waste of money , unless you pay your own way . funny students dont wants to pay so disabled are penelized ..

Its their policy. Under the law (government included) you have to let them know what's the right decision for you.

People need to reapply for benefits annually as incomes change annually. Although you are disabled, they still need to ascertain that you are still within the specified guidelines. Some disabled are able to work.

Boo hoo!  I have to reapply every 6 months but that's just the way it is in Texas

• Ann

People who are on disability and even those who are obviously permanently disabled have to re-qualify every so often to continue receiving  SSI.  They have to be re-qualified through a doctor's examination and prognosis.  That has nothing to do with SNAP, which qualifies a person to receive financial help due to low income.  They are two different things.  

• Judith

The CDR (federal office) has nothing to do with your SNAP (welfare office via county/state government) benefits.  SNAP benefits are based upon financial need.  A person's income (whether from social security or anywhere else), resources and living arrangements - all of which factor into financial need - can change at any time.  Anyone getting any type of welfare benefit, which SNAP is, is subject to yearly reviews to determine that they are still within financial guidelines.  These reviews are done because so many people fail to report the changes they are supposed to report and as a result they receive the wrong benefit amount of they shouldn't be getting a benefit at all.  And, for your information, those financial guidelines themselves can change.  I was a SS claims rep for 32 yrs.

You want to receive benefits then you are just going to have to put up with the reviews and instead of complaining about it just be thankful they are there for you to get to begin with.

" I have to reapply for SNAP every year!"

Probably has to do with oversight/attempts to keep fraud in check. I wouldn't take it personally.

Also quoting a song of a former Disney channel star really isn't furthering your complaint. I mean of all the possible people you could've gone with....

Edit: I don't have a problem with Selena Gomez. I just don't identify with her in the least, and I find her music (like virtually all pop music these days) to be over-produced, melodramatic drivel. But that's not the point I was going for. I would've quoted someone with bit more gravitas;  Churchill, Maya Angelou, either Roosevelt, etc.  

It will give you something to do instead of sitting around all day