where to buy a coffin under 20$?

should i just build it myself, doesn't need to be real/expensive wood. no one will use it either so it doesn't have to be perfect, i just want to have one. i just want one to have

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

At that price you probably can't even buy a single sheet of plywood. (Lowes cheapest, OSB 19.99, and that's before you count in nails etc.)  Might do it with a bunch of free wood pallets.  

• 4 weeks ago

You can come over to my place and get my great grandmas coffin for 10$. You might want to take her out of the coffin before use!! :)

• Willie
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Buy a heavy blanket and use it as a coffin since coffins rot under the ground once they are lowered, and covered with dirt.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Not remotely possible in the U.K. where a coffin (casket) is mandatory for ALL funerals.  We don't use body bags here, not even for cremations. I hope that law changes here one day because buying an expensive wooden coffin for it just to go up in flames and create smoke is a travesty and makes no sense whatsoever.  They should be made of compressed cardboard i.m.o. or we should just use body bags.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

What do you want to buy one for? 

• Ann
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There is no coffin available for under $20.  You may try buying a plain cardboard box to put cremains in.  That would be the cheapest way to go. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Cardboard coffins are all the rage these days, very eco friendly.  

Surprisingly expensive to buy, but easy enough to make.

If you want wood, you could manage palletwood for that kind of budget or second hand plywood.

• Edwena
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You are not going to find wood for $20.  You might offer to tear down an old fence and use the scrap wood.   Seriously, there is more to it than a coffin.  Like a burial spot an a memorial stone.  It costs money.  And, you need to buy it all yourself (and your wife) and have it all ready waiting for you. Because when it happens, no one is going to do it like it needs to be done.   Preplanned funeral arrangements are handled through laws of the state and local banks. And, what better thing can you give your lifelong partner than a place for her beside you. 

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

At that nearly zero price, you would have to make one yourself of plywood.

There is an expired patent for a paper mache coffin

https://patents.google.com/patent/US4034447A/en

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.