Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 month ago

How do I keep those damn kids out of my apple trees?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Get a BB gun might help!

• 1 month ago

Do not use any kind of weapon against them or you may wind up in a lawsuit. There are devices on the market that are meant to keep varmints out gardens. They automatically turn on water sprinklers by using sensors. Place sprinklers around the trees and let the sensors do the job.

• 1 month ago

Plant a hedge of poison oak or poison ivy around the trees.

• Janet
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Let them pick your apples.  Those that fall on the ground will rot and stink in the spring and be a real mess to dispose of.. heavy and wet.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Check with the police if it would be lawful to booby-trap it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I use a water cannon hooked up to a motion sensor.

• Sam
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You haven't thought this out all the way.  It can be an opportunity for you.   

You tell them they can have a couple apples for every crate of apples they pick for you.  

It's a win/win for everyone and their parents will love you for keeping the kids from running amuck in the streets.  

Have you got a lawn or weeds you need pulled.  Tell them that if they mow your lawn, they can pick a couple apples.  

They will feel good for helping out a crabby old geezer. 

• in  your  example … it's  not  "damn" … it's  "damned".

now … how  many  apple-trees  do  you  have?  how  large  is  your  property?  how  close  to  the  property  line  are  the  trees  located?  as  an  adult … you  should  be  volunteering  this  info … so  i  don't  have  to  ask.

however … i  won't  be  waiting  for  an  answer … because  adults  lie  just  as  much,  or  more,  than  kids  lie … simply  look  to  politics  for  evidence.

imho … leave  the  kids  alone.  have  your  wife  bake  an  apple  pie … invite  the  kids  over  for  pie  and  scoop  of  ice-cream … ask  the  kids  to  help  you  grow  new  apple  trees  from  seeds  of  the  apples.

weren't  you  a  kid  at  one  time?  i  was … d'climb  any  tree  to  get  some  fruit  or  nuts.  of  course,  i'd  ask  first … and  all  of  'em  told  me  it's  fine … "just  be  careful  and  don't  fall".

oh,  yah … almost  forgot … have  a  good  day,  sir.  :)

• Med 10
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

When I was in school long ago, A guy picked a few apples  and left them in a box  for us at the edge of his yard  so we wouldn't bother his tree.

• Release the hounds.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.