Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGreen Living · 1 month ago

Are solar panels worth it yet?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 week ago

Best location for solar is a place having high value of daily solar insolation throughout the year (>5kwhr/m2), good availability of land area and preferably floating over water bodies like lakes, rivers, ponds, wells, sea as that will allow using the land area or roof area for other applications as well as reduce the evaporative loss of water from the water bodies. Concentrated solar power units is an upcoming technology using latent heat storage fluids that allow generation at night or during bad weather.

• 3 weeks ago

Yes. Solar panels are very efficient and worthwhile. Many panel manufacturers have become very proficient and affordable over the past few years. Some states still offer tax incentives. 

Source(s): SEI PV Installation Certificate
  • 4 weeks ago

it depends of your actual expenses in energy    Normally for a home energy has a payback of 2.5 years

• 1 month ago

They will always be worth it. God never intended for us to abuse the planet mining natural non renewable resources. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes, assuming that you live in the right area and plan to stay there for awhile. Cost of electricity is a factor as well.

• Currently living in Hell, Michigan. Living in the best damn castle you'll ever see. 

Apolitical centrist. 

• L
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Depends where you live, how many panels are needed and a few other items. Actually, the panels are relatively inexpensive - so I would say definitely "worth it".

The expensive part is the labor to correctly design the photovoltaic cell system, install them correctly/to code and safely connect them to the grid or the living environment (house, apartment, condo, etc.).

• 1 month ago

Yes, assuming that you live in the right area and plan to stay there for awhile. Cost of electricity is a factor as well. Trump raised the prices by initiating his trade war with China, which is the sole source of the rare earths needed to make the panels. That benefitted a few companies in the USA, employing hundreds of workers but hurt the many companies that install the panels; they employ thousands of workers. So you might want to wait until Trump is booted out of the White House and the tariff is removed.

• arther
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

what are solar cells really made of ? What will happen to all the end of life cells? With a complete grid supplied by solar what will be the voltage stability be? A long way to go most 6kw systems I see are making about 3- 5 kwh per day with out storage what does one do for power the other 18 hours a day? My home no air conditioning, gas heating uses about 4 kwh per day.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i would hope so

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.