Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 month ago

Is all the money in politics dirty?

• RP

When there is full disclosure, it is difficult, if not impossible, for dirty money to be hidden.

• kswck2

Pretty much for the levels above your local dog catcher. 

Well, yeah!  Or else why the heck would you give large sums of money to somebody who doesn't care about you as a person, so you actually get recognized by the size of the envelope. And what do they actually contribute to society?  They take money in taxes, allocate it according to secret envelope money, and then BS their way out of a real explanation.  Ever wonder why people vote for Nancy?  Me too, but she's rich as hell.

Well, look at it this way. Over the past 50 years, there has been 126 indictments against Republicans and 113 convictions with 39 prison sentences resulting  from unlawful activities in their party while in office while the Democrats have had 7 indictments, 3 convictions, and only 2 prison sentences while in office. These aren't my figures! They can be easily found on the internet on many news info sites. Are some of the monies dirty? Absolutely! Is it all dirty? Absolutely not!

Only when the politicians put it in their pockets.

not all the money

I think politicians should be required to wear pin logos of their biggest donors so we viewers never lose sight of whose pocket they may be in. Plus, charge the donors for the advertising and apply that money to the deficit.

The rep senate covered up trump's misconduct by disallowing witnesses and documents at his impeachment trial. That's overt corruption.

The NRA, gun manufacturers and almost exclusively rep politicians sleep in the same bed. All one has to do is follow the money. That coalition prevented universal background checks/closing loopholes in the wake of the Sandy Hook massacre despite polls saying it's what over 90% of us wanted.

Ford pardoned the crook Nixon etc.

I could add a chapter in a book about GOP corruption because I'm pragmatic learning facts that support my convictions. The vast majority of righties think their opinion rules the day. 

Fact checkers have documented over 20,000 cases of trump misinformation and lies ... many I witnessed first hand. His BS insults my intelligence.

Biden has proven to be even more corrupt than Hillary Clinton.  Who would have thought that could be possible?  Fortunately, Hunter's emails have exposed Joe Biden's criminal enterprise and his campaign is collapsing at this very moment as Biden cowers in his basement.

i would hope not

i would hope not

All the money democrats get certainly is.