Should I tell my new employer about a recent operation?

A month ago I got a new job. I am now in the period between having left my old job and due to start my new job next week.

I had a tummy tuck nearly two weeks ago which my new employer does not know about. I only have a little bit of pain left and cannot currently lift anything too heavy but it is a desk job so I don't think it will be a problem.

I don't know if I would be better off telling them I had the surgery just to make them aware or to leave it as it is not a big deal as I am feeling fine, the pain is fine with ibuprofen.

Yes, I'd definitely tell them you had a surgical procedure (you don't have to be specific) and relay your post-op restrictions.

If it's a job that you have the potential to need to lift file boxes or something tell them that you are on a lift restriction until X day.

If not, they don't need to know.

• Judy

lav it.........................................

• Tavy

Leave it unless they ask you to lift then tell them.