K asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 month ago

18 and 19 year olds are children. They are not adults. It’s offensive how an 18 or 19 year old can be called a man or woman on the news.?

I really don’t understand why 18 and 19 year olds are referred to as men or women instead of boys or girls (on the news)! I find it offensive and annoying when the news calls an 18 or 19 year old a man or woman! I mean 18 and 19 year olds are just kids, hence they are teenagers! Kid is just another word for teen. I really don’t see how 18 and 19 year olds are adults. The age of majority should be raised to either 20 or 21. The brain still has not fully developed yet until the age of 25! The age of majority should not have the word teen in it. I don’t understand it... screw the law... -_-

You can serve your country, then your a man

They’re grown enough to make “adult” choices in life zxjq

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

No 18 or 19 year old is physically fully developed, Nekkid Truth. As least no less than a 16 or 17 year old who is still given the freedom to do whatever they wish.

OP, what you have said is 100% true. In fact, all those "adults" will be charged as MINORS in possession, NOT ADULTS in possession, 110% of the time if caught with alcohol.

So move to a state where the age of majority is 21.

Having the word "teen" in the age doesnt mean the person is a child.  An 18 or 19 yr old is physically fully developed..   Biology doesnt follow your weird rules.

Not sure what you think constitutes as full development then..   Even most 16 yr olds are physically developed.

Alcohol doesnt define adulthood

No one cares what you find offensive 

• helene

Again? Grow up.

And learn how to ask a question. This isn't one.

• Sandy

there was a time 80 years ago when we needed young men (18) to fight in WWII, but that's not the case now. I agree kids these days aren't mentally adults at 18. they should not be allowed to vote at 18. the law needs to be changed. To not only raise the age to vote to 21, but also the age to enlist in the military (which is why it was lowered), to enter into a contract to purchase things and be charged as an adult when there's a death.