do i have a better chance of getting a job as a referral?

got two interviews with the same company. I think they went well enough, do you think i'll get the job since i'm a referral? Is a candidate with a referral a difference maker in the decision process?

Update:

I GOT THE JOB!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

The more referrals mean that you really are trusted, skilled, or that you doing quality services. So there's a chance of getting a job as a referral unless you really are better than the other candidates that were applying and that you stand out to everyone in terms of skills and qualifications.

• 1 month ago

If it were me interviewing you...

Because you came in by a referral (meaning some one who works here and knows you thinks you will be a good member of the team.)

and because after the first interview, I called you  back to interview some more...

Unless you had something VERY BAD in your background check or a previous employer gave  you a bad reference... or after searching social media I find a picture of you...let's say.... urinating on someone's dog...and that picture is within the past 2 years...

I'd say I was rather determined to find a reason to hire you and bring you in to the company.

Let's see what happens.  You should find out in 2 weeks.

• 1 month ago

Referrals can help get your resume to the top of the pile and break a tie with an equally qualified applicant, but they're not going to get you the job if you're up against someone who is more qualified.  

• 1 month ago

Unless there is some already working for the company that has the same or better skills that you...you probably got the job.

AND:

Even if they promote someone internally to that job...there will STILL be a job opening that needs to be filled there.

So I am guessing there is a 93% chance that you will be hired in some capacity.

(Go back and remove any incriminating pics from social media!)

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Impossible for strangers to know.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.