Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsBirds · 1 month ago

In the U.S., what species of birds in your yard appear to be the most intelligent?

Update:

Of course, these are wild birds.  

Update 2:

JazSinc:  I've noticed that my bluejays are pretty bright, too!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

I understand the ravens are smartest, but the crows show off more.  I have persuaded the crows not to eat from my persimmon tree.  They apparently have given me territorial rights to my property, and are perfectly polite about it.  

• 1 month ago

Crows and ravens are both known to be highly intelligently. I believe that they can (especially ravens) learn to talk, like a parrot

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/53295/10-fasci...

• Darla
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Robin's appear intelligent. 

• CB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Blue Jays and Crows are about the smartest, crows are hilarious if you put out some food they like it is fun to watch them sneak up on it and how they call to each other when they figure out it is food.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Blue jays. They can mimic hawks.

• 1 month ago

I had an old 'tree house' for the grandson to play in that was 'taken over' by wild turkey buzzards. Anytime I walked nearby, they would jump out onto a limb and make weird sounds. After a while, they would not seem to mind my visits and they stopped making weird noises. Since then, the tree house has blown down, but they fly around every year where the tree house used to be. 

• 1 month ago

There's a bluejay that would follow me around hoping I would use the water, so he could have a drink.

It took me a while to figure out that's what he wanted.

After I set up a bowl for him, he stopped following me around.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.