Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 1 month ago

What do I do about bully neighbour ?

My neighbour messaged me and said my CCTV was watching her house and her kids even though it wasn't avd it was mainly focusing on my  garden not her house we angled the camera however this neighbour is in my paranoid and whilst I was doing my gardening has accused me of watching her kids and her whist I'm. Doing my gardening who h isn't true now I'm afraid to go in my garden incase sge complains what should I do? 

The camera is mainly looking at the garden but it is not directly focused on the house

The camera was mainly focused on the garden not directly on her house but it was including the houses and the street but I have adjusted the camera  accordingly now since she complained so it is now focused on the front garden avd not the street and the houses like it was before I have no interest in the other houses or the street avd just want it focused on the garden mainly avd to pick up notifications 

I'm. Very upset at this complaint I'm. Worried she may mage complanyts about me as I'm female and Asian I don't evt her thinking I'm a weirdo and a voyeur or a stalker she cones across to me as not friendly she never says hello or hey and she runs inside the house with kids shuts her hubby says hello occasionally 

She comes across as a bit paranoid also I'm worried she might accuse me if staring and watching her and complain again what do I do if she says this and starts a hate campaign against me 

• L

Ask the neighbor to come over and see exactly where the camera is pointed.

• drip

You are being over dramatic.  Let her complain. Make sure your camera views are for your own property. The police are not going to do anything because you are out in your own garden, or have cameras in your yard

I really feel for you! I had a similar neighbour once. It's easy to say just ignore them but that's not possible sometimes. 

It sounds like she may even have a mental illness (otherwise she just sound mean and possibly racist). 

I think letting the local police know what's happening is a good start, just in case it ever escalates, which probably won't happen. I doubt they'd have time to watch the tapes though. Maybe. There's a good chance she's known to the police. Maybe the people who lived there before you or other neighbours have had trouble with her and reported her. 

If you own the place, put up fence extenders - great for privacy and a bit of extra security. You may be able to do that even if renting because I think they can be removed - it's not a massive cost but it's a cost the Real Estate agent probably wouldn't reimburse. 

Best of luck with a fast, effective solution! 

• T J

Invite them in and watch the cam and let them see that is not on their home.

• Ann

Your neighbor is the one with the problem, not you.  Why don't you be the proactive one and talk to your local police?  Tell them the situation and invite an officer to come view your security camera and what it is picking up.  That way, they have the information as to what the camera is actually seeing and can make recommendations, if any.  Then, the next time she complains, tell her you have had the police review your camera's range (and if they suggested changing anything, you've complied with that).  Then, tell her if she doesn't quit harassing you, you will take her to court.  That will stop her from any further actions, because she will not want to pay a fine.

• Heike

Invite her over to see what the cameras are actually seeing.  If they don't show any part of her property then she should shut up.

Ignore her. You have a right to install a security system. Do not fret as you are doing nothing wrong or illegal. 

Your. Either sounds paranoid. Just tell her it is not a spying system, but a security system. 

Honestly, ignore her. 

• G R

Do you live in a house or an apartment?  In general, although it is annoying to have neighbors with security cameras, you are entitled to have a camera for security purposes. Is it in your back yard or front?

• Barry

Just tell her to phuck off. Mouthy people like that need standing up to.

• Tavy

Put up a high fence on your side of the garden, then you can't see her or her kids and she can't see you.