Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 1 month ago

Is Florida the best state for beaches?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Um. Or Hawaii. There are some divine beaches, down in the Keys. But Ka'anapali in Maui has won world's best beach in the past, Hana is cute if you like that and Waikiki is fine for cost conscious long-weekend visitors. Oh - and funny to watch the death wishers paddle out on the North Shore, when the waves growl ashore and grind away at the rocks.

• 1 month ago

Are we talking just the USA? Try Tahiti

• 1 month ago

There is a best beach to suit every taste in Florida, from the powdery white sand beaches of South Walton to the cosmopolitan, trendy beaches

• 1 month ago

You can try to pay a visit to Cuba, which has recently opened up. Try their Playa Paraiso beach, Varadero Beach, Playa Los Flamencos beach, Playa Pilar beach and their Cayo Las Brujas beach. They are all good beaches and they are less expensive as Cuba has just opened up.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • adam
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

hawaii by far is better. Florida is a big mess

• 1 month ago

Depends what side of the state you go on... I remember from a vlog the DemolitionRanch guy off YouTube did a few years back, the beaches facing the Gulf of Mexico have loads of muddy river water flowing around them.... while those on the side facing the Atlantic + down at the tip around Key West are a bit better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7ll5S1iPz0

Youtube thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXRIQ4Np1mY

Youtube thumbnail

California is/was also one of the best states for beaches, though I seem to recall Johnny Rotten from legendary punk rock band "The Sex Pistols" was complaining about homeless drug addicts crapping all over the beach outside his California house and leaving used syringes on them last year.

Myrtle Beach in South Carolina didn't look too bad from what I saw on the Earthcam webcam + google streetview.

• 1 month ago

No, Hawaii is even better.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Hawaii says, "hold my beer". 

• 1 month ago

im from the uk ..best does not always equate to safest ..i stood on a puffa fish in sarasota ..my son got stung by a stingray at st pete`s ...for pure white sands destin will take some beating ..but the second time i went it was impossible to stay on beach ..biting flies like i have never seen before ..anywhere ..had no problems in san diego ..nor padre island ...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.