How to tell my parents about the guy I'm talking to ?

Okay so... This guy that I've known since high school... he used to like me but I paid no mind to him. But we reconnected this past month and I really like him. The thing is... He's white and I'm black and I don't care about race at all. Not even a thing that I look for when talking to dating someone. But my mom she... kinda does. Whenever I'm talking to someone of a different race she always says "Why don't you talk to any black guys" she's big on black love... the thing is I'm 21 and she can't do anything about it, but I do want them to meet but I'm just nervous for them to meet for this reason. I don't want to have to hide the fact that he's white because I really don't care. 

• T J

I hope you never have children, they will pay their entire lives for the mix.

• J

You like who you like, and your mom doesn’t get a say. There’s nothing wrong with dating outside your race. I’m white and I like to date black guys. If you limit yourself to only dating men of your own race, you may miss out on someone really great. As long as he treats you right, his race shouldn’t matter. 

Relationships and parents are always difficult, they want what they think is best for you. I think the best thing you can do is tell them how much you like him. If they are upset with who you choose to be with, without justifiable reasons, then that's a them problem.

Think about a good neutral place for them to meet, maybe a café or something like that, not sure what is open right now, but a place that's not super closed quarters so you and him can leave if you guys get uncomfortable.

However, depending on how long you've been talking you may not need to meet the parents yet, however if you do see the relationship going a long time, being is honest and important.

I would also recommend talking to him about it and seeing how he feels about the situation as well.

Hope that helped a lil!