Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

How to handle depression without meds or therapy ?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

In the same way you handle cancer without meds, therapeutics, radiation or surgery.....you don't.

Depression is a medical illness that responds well to medications and therapy just like any other illness in human beings.

• Yoga and exercise everyday.Generally,try to lead a healthy life with a good amount of social interaction.

• 4 weeks ago

I've gone through depression and I'm just 21 years old. However, with this limited and short amount of time I've spent on this earth. I've learnt many things my anonymous friend. And one of them is a healthy lifestyle. Wake up early, exercise weekly and plan your life out. Meditate and focus on both the nows and the what could be. Keeping healthly a healthy body is keeping a healthy mind. 

• 4 weeks ago

Don't expect high in life, be happy with whatever you have, and try be happy and smiling face always.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Don't assume you can. There are no "home remedies".

Why do you object to medical and therapeutic remedies, when they've been so helpful for millions of men and women? It sounds as though you've never even TRIED them.

Give them a serious try, which means investing months -- at least 6 -- in them.  In the meantime, note that regular exercise is very useful for controlling depression and anxiety.  Another possible aid would be magnesium supplements. Medical studies indicate that they are effective against depression and anxiety to some extent.  Most of us don't get enough.  Try 250-300 mg per day (you might need a pill cutter). If they work for you, you could see some results in a few weeks.

Don't take magnesium supplements if you have any kidney problems.

But do seek medical/therapeutic assistance.  Refusing to do so when there's so much help out there is just foolish.

• 1 month ago

Listen to some nice music, watch anything that makes you laugh, turn on some meditation music and have your eyes closed. Your meditating in no time, exercise however you can, can talk to a therapist relative or close friend. Also, the crisis hotline saves lives everyday and is so warm and understanding. Your not alone either, so many people suffer from depression, so remember that as well. These should help you very much

• 1 month ago

Work out every day for at least 30 minutes.

• 1 month ago

There may be a lot of things you can do, and there may NOT be--this is a condition that varies so much that it isn't possible to give you a good answer. 

Depression can be caused by light levels--as in Seasonal Affective Disorder--where the lack of sunlight can cause it. Or it may be caused by stress, trauma or other systemic problems. There's no one cause OR answer. Not all depression requires therapy, either. Some may not be helped by medications. So in the place of a doctor's diagnosis, as to the root causes and possible treatments available, you aren't going to get an answer that really helps you out here. 

• 1 month ago

Depression is seldom a life long condition. Plan to lose it!  o:)

Try to switch your focus from the problem to possible solutions. Catch Tony Robbins on Youtube.One way to boost your perception of your own value is to find some sort of voluntary work. At a care home, for example, or some local or global project. It would help you to see how other people cope with difficulties with courage. Good Luck!

• 1 month ago

By trusting in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and learning to cast your cares on Him through prayer.  Refer to Philippians 4:6-8.  Please read the New Testament for more information.  I suggest starting with the Gospel of John. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.