Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 month ago

Is it haram or a sin to watch people fighting in islam?

I heard many muslims are excited to watch khabib (ufc fighter that claims to be muslim) fight tomorrow

I have to be honest that, whereas wrestling, a much less dangerous form of physical battle, was actually encouraged, I feel that the injuries which can be accrued from boxing etc. are such that it is somewhat less than halal.

There is nothing in the Qur'an about this particular sport but, in my heart, I personally would consider it Makrooh at least but I am aware that many consider it haram on the basis of words spoken in the hadiths about inflicting harm without good reason and avoiding striking the face.

إِذَا ضَرَبَ أَحَدُكُمْ فَلْيَتَّقِ الْوَجْهَ

"When one of you inflicts a beating, he should avoid striking the face."

However, this particular comment was made with regard to physical punishment. It does, however, indicate very clearly that if possible the face should not be struck unless there is a very good reason.

In terms of watching you have to weigh up whether the act of watching is actually encouraging others to cause harm to each other without good reason. I don't feel that this is something which should be encouraged in Islam at all.

With respect I think that the distinction has to be drawn between what was considered legitimate practice in terms of preparation for being a soldier and competing for money. I am aware that the intention is not to cause long term injury but short term incapacity but even so I would struggle to put forward a case for this being a necessity rather than a choice. 

However, the best argument I can think of is that, in these violent days, there is, perhaps, a place for such close combat since Muslims may well be faced with such aggression in real life. I am fully supportive of any Muslim who is able to defend themselves and more importantly, other Muslims, against an unjustified aggressor if their opponents are using similar fighting skills. For example, if there is such a female, of appropriate age, who would like to be my bodyguard I could be their long lost pal. lol?

...........

I would like to point out that the Qur'an is very clear that Christians are NOT legitimate targets ....  UNLESS they are first an AGGRESSOR.

So the person that wrote contrary to that previously and has repeated similar ignorance and folly on here is a liar.

It's haram. You must make wudu if you watch. 

Fighting and Killing in islam is HALAL

Fighting are of two kinds, fighting each others to attain victory in the sporting games with rules and regulations, agree by both parties have no harm done, and fighting because 0f  being enmities to each others , this is up to the polices to decide, so the one who start violation of the law and order first ,then would be sued to the court and you as a watcher may be asked to be witness in the court  , then the fine or imprisonment is up to the verdict of the court. So if you deny to be witness when being asked by the police ,then it is a sin not to promote justice.

No , to see healthy competition  is not Haram in Islam . As per Hadith books Aisha the wife of prophet Muhammad used to see the fighting practice of Negro soldiers along with prophet . So it is valid to see it

im a muslim and i dont know who he is. why do people ask stupid questions?