Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

With Covid cases rising do you think it’s time for America to lockdown again like we did in March?

I DON'T THINK WE CAN AFFORD ANOTHER SHUTDOWN

I predict that they would do lockdown again. Otherwise the country would get very deserted.

• KTJoe

See the latest article from Wash DC, looks like a Dec.

We need a national strategy for the CoVid problem because it is affecting our entire country.

There's a no brainer when we need a national lockdown. When our hospitals are overwhelmed and filled beyond capacity. That's the worst-case scenario but we want to avoid that. A lockdown needs to happen before reaching this point.

We need designated facilities for CoVid patients to avoid infect more people. Like separating a box of strawberries where some have mold. If you don't separate the strawberries, they'll all get infected. It's stupid to let the infection we're trying to control allowed in every hospital unless we're at a point where there's no point. Also, it would solve the problem of anyone avoiding to go to the hospital when they really need to but are doing it to avoid Co-Vid19. This is why we need a national strategy and national guidance. I remember when there was a scare I might have H1N1 my doctor told me the government might wind up taking me. In Korea, there were separate facilities for CoVid Cases to quarantine the spread. In terms of necessary practices like this simple one, it's mind-boggling to me why separate facilities haven't happened yet.

We for sure need more national guidance and strategy to avoid this worst-case scenario and if possible, to eradicate it.

We're at a point where we change our lifestyles and just try to reduce the spread. But more needs to be done to contain the virus, like Korea was able to scapel those parts out of society while still having school and business running.

At this point, it'll have to depend on the individual states until we have real guidance.

Yes, because of all these pro-diseasers (the appropriate name for anti-maskers) not being compliant, we haven't even passed the first wave

arizona is locking down in a couple weeks for it's second time because the cases are skyrocketing . nobody wears masks or social distances. ASU has also had parties every week since the pandemic started. So that is contributing to the spread, as well as the boomers and republican majority who refuse to wear masks. The death toll and the infectious cases in Arizona are higher than anywhere else in the entire country. Even NYC has lower cases than AZ. NEVER move to arizona, it is full of drug addicts, boomers, republicans and everyone here works for uber and lyft

No I do not. You phrased your question did I "think". So my answer is what I "think". And NO, I believe that we should go with herd immunity. Delaying it with masks they argue is "buying time" to develop a vaccine. But, think about it, it's picking us off slowly because we're masked and re- breathing our sour air and bacterial cultures in the fabric of the masks and not developing any herd immunity at ALL this way. There won't be a big enough herd to do it by the time they decide to try. People die isolated, unvisited by their loved ones, on respirator and ventilator, after thirty or forty days. No-one witnesses this horror in isolation and then your family receive the pronouncement that you are dead and it's "Corona". Yet they still cannot look under a microscope and give a definitive diagnosis as you get "false positive" followed by "false negative" and yet every television channel has pictures of this germ like a ball with knobs all over it . . . yet they can't see THAT under a microscope. Bullcrap. It's a fake picture of the LIE then, or they'd be able to see it on the microscope slide and they don't. A low grade sanitised genocide is going on and they kills you like the 1975 movie Coma where they just harvested your loved ones for organs and made you pay out the wazoo for "life support" for the corpses.

With better understanding of how the disease is spread and better treatments a severe lockdown probably won't happen unless anti-mask idiots refuse to comply with mitigation measures.  3 simple things - wear a mask, watch your distance, wash your hands go a long way to slowing the spread.  While the case fatality rate has dropped the disease is still more fatal than flu and could still overwhelm hospital capacity. 

• Ann

No. People are dying from the lockdown from many things.

No.  Repeating the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.  The first lock-down killed many businesses and caused suicides but didn't do much to stop Covid.  A new lock-down could lead to a famine if nobody is allowed to work.