My 10 year old daughter has medicaid, she's going to South Korea for 2 months, how can she be covered? should I buy some health insurance?

Update:

What's funny is that I'm pretty sure healthcare costs less in South Korea than in the USA

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Medicare doesn't cover overseas medical care, it used to years ago. Don't know about Medicaid, but if she's not covered, get travel insurance.

• Who
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yes

(healthcare may well cost less in S korea - but I bet it dont cover transferring her back to the US  should YOU think it be necessary

So its VERY important you check what coverage you get with the insurance

(insurance covering emergency transport back to the US could be VERY expensive

and very few insurers will cover expenses covering covid 19 at all)

• Willie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Once she leaves the USA she'll have no coverage of Medicaid.

• RICK
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Neither Medicare or Medicaid pay anything overseas. This screws Military retirees who live overseas because even though their Tricare will still pay they must pay Medicare premiums or Tricare is forfeit. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Of course you should.  Medicaid in the U.S. won't cover her over there.  You need to buy international health insurance.

• 1 month ago

Yes.  Medicaid can't even been used out of state, and certainly not out of the country.

• Zarnev
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, you should buy some international health insurance for her since welfare won't cover anyone out of the country in any circumstance.

Source(s): Independent Ägent
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.