Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Would you still love someone who will never ask you out?

• T J

Why bother to waste your energy, move onto someone who will ask you out.

• zipper

What reason would one have to LOVE someone that ignores them?  Of coarse NOT! Another one of your weird questions.

no, my time should not be wasted on someone who won't recipirocate my feelings.

plenty of fishes in the ocean, why should I wait

I did... until she blatantly went for a dude that wasn't even trying to be appealing i.e. an unemployed dude that lives with his mom. 

I wasn't sure what was going on or how to deal with it - but to an extent I stopped loving her emotionally - obviously this was probably more of a crush than anything since we had never been on a date and I was always petrified around her and could hardly manage a few words.

yes, why not.. I love someone that I think wouldn't love me too. and I'm not upset about it because I have genuine feelings for him. 

Yes I will continue to live him for the rest of my days...

Uh, no. Let me save you some time. Only take an interest in men and women who respond and want to date you. Save your onitis tears for someone else. This person is not interested. 

for hopless romantics..yea

Sorry about your pain. Unfortunately it takes mutual true love for a relationship to last a lifetime. If he won't ask you out, it's his loss.

Here's some information about love from the books True Love Lasts and Straight Talk About Dating:

“Unfortunately, lots of people don’t know what true love is and that’s a big reason why a large number of marriage relationships are unhappy. Many people think that true love is just a feeling. You know, the wonderful head spinning feeling of being “in love.”

If true love is just a feeling, feelings come and go. But true love doesn't come and go. True love is patient and kind. It isn’t jealous, rude, selfish, controlling, or easily angered. It forgives. It’s supportive, loyal, hopeful, and trusting. 

Unlike the feeling of being “in love” which is relatively easy to get especially during dating, true love usually develops slowly over a significant period of time (often years). In order to develop true love for someone you really have to know them well – which means that you have had a chance to observe their behavior in all types of situations (pay special attention to how they react when things go wrong or they don’t get their way). True love is so much more than just the feeling of being “in love” - it’s supposed to be a mutual lifelong commitment. When you say that you love your significant other, you’re saying that you’re committed to loving them for the rest of your life - for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, from this day forward, until death do you part. True love lasts - it almost never fails.

Think of it this way, if a person has true love for another person, it’s like the sun - it’s always there no matter what (remember that even at night, the sun is still there, it’s just shining on the other side of the earth - and when it’s cloudy outside the sun is also still there, it’s just behind the clouds). 

On the other hand, the feeling of being “in love” is like sunshine - even though we’d like it to be sunny every day, the truth is that the amount of sunshine changes regularly. Some days it’s nice and sunny and the feeling of being “in love” is strong, on others it’s partly cloudy and the feeling of being “in love” is there but it’s not very strong, and on other days it’s cloudy and the feeling of being “in love” is barely there at all. I’m hoping that this explanation is helping you to see that it’s possible for a person to have true love for another person and not have a strong intense feeling of being “in love” with that person at a particular moment. (If you talk with married couples, I think they’ll tell you that the strength of their feelings of being “in love” changes regularly.) 

So when you hear someone say, “I don't love him or her anymore” - take it for what it usually is. It’s usually someone saying that they’ve lost the feeling of being “in love”, that they don’t know how or they’re not willing to make the effort required to get the feeling back, and that they probably never had true love for their significant other to begin with because true love almost never fails. 

Many times I’ve heard young women say, “my boyfriend loves me.” Unfortunately, most of these women have been fooled. How could their boyfriend possibly have true love for them if their boyfriend doesn’t even know what true love is? Sadly many people marry when one or both people don't have true love for the other - and the result is usually divorce because it's hard to keep a marriage together when it's based only on the feeling of being "in love."  

My first suggestion is that you put in the effort necessary to become a strong person (if you’re not already). A strong person has good character (honesty, integrity, trustworthiness), a positive attitude (cheerful, caring, friendly, forgiving, helpful, and respectful), fulfills their responsibilities (for handling pains in a positive way, for always trying to make a good choice, for taking care of themselves, for serving others), puts forth their best effort, and displays self-control (of their body, anger, tongue and money). 

My second suggestion is that you eventually look for this type of guy (otherwise you are setting yourself up for a broken heart). Unfortunately this type of man is difficult to find – but save yourself the heartache and don’t settle for less.

(Please remember that you eventually want a 50 or 60 year marriage - not a 5 or 10 year marriage.)

Hope this helps!

Source(s): True Love Lasts - written with a character emphasis for teens through young adults, Straight Talk About Dating - written with a Christian emphasis for ages 20 and up

It depends on what type of relationship you currently have, whether or not you’re close friends. If the love you feel is stronger than the love you felt for anyone else, than it won’t be easy to get over that person, a part of you holds on as you force yourself to talk to and get closer to someone else. If what you feel is unlike anything you’ve ever felt before, and you can't find someone as amazing as the person you love, you might either settle for anyone or give up searching, and remain alone. It depends on who you love, how they treated you before, and how they treat you now, whether they hurt you before, or whether they are hurting you now. It's much easier for some people to get over someone they claim they love pretty fast, once they see that the person is clearly unavailable and not making any moves no matter what they do, they can find someone new so easily without ever looking back or caring.The people who truly love you are not going to be able to give up and move on so quickly or at all.

• JimTom

You cant help who you're attracted to, it just happens naturally.