How often should you use SEAFOAM in a gasoline fuel injected motor. I found a 1/3 case of it in my late Dad's shop.?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Never..Just use top teir gasoline.

• 1 month ago

NEVER. The purpose of the product is to MASK the issue you should be FIXING.

• 1 month ago

Never.

Seafoam is nasty snake-oil which isn’t sold outside America because it would never pass the stricter advertising rules most of the developed world has.

But loads of Americans are convinced it has benefit, and that’s largely due to decades of being conditioned into using it. Much like all those who still insist upon ridiculously wasteful oil changes every 3000 miles (oil baron John Paul Getty came up with that idea to sell more oil).

It can even cause serious damage: add it to older engines which used mineral oil and it will act to break up sludge deposits which were mostly sitting safely in the sump (oil pan). That can result in clots of sludge blocking up smaller oil galleries resulting in failure of lubrication. In medical terms it’s  similar to how blood clots and fatty arterial deposits can break away and cause blockages elsewhere to cause serious injury or death.

• 1 month ago

Seafoam say:

For cars & trucks driven regularly, put 1 to 2 cans of Sea Foam in your fuel tank every 3,000 miles.

For engine equipment used regularly, add 1 ounce of Sea Foam per gallon to a fresh tank fill every 3 months or sooner.

For all other engines & fuel tanks (not used regularly): Add Sea Foam to every tank of fuel.

That's their view, not mine.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Barry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Never. No manufacturer recommends it. It does no good at all and may even damage the engine.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.