Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 1 month ago

What football clubs do you like most outside your own country, especially in the other four top leagues?

That is a really good question because it made me think that really over the years I have been so into supporting British clubs in Europe that I have always wanted the Brits to beat them whoever they were or are. However, I have great respect for lots of the clubs overseas. I think AC Milan was one I used to quite like and Ajax and Dortmund because of their fans who are terrific. This has made me think that years ago I used to like watching the Italian football on a Sunday afternoon but these days you don't seem to see so much from the continent. I had forgotten a lot of the teams I used to know so had to have a browse. I think Italy and Germany have the most really big clubs. You gotta love that really.

I quite like AC Milan but I cant remember why? Could have been for Ancelotti

Juventus, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Ajax, and PSG

Dortmund because they are the only team that might win their boring league from Bayern and they have Haaland and Sancho

Monaco because they have ex-arsenal and Chelsea fan favourite Cesc Fabregas

Atletico because they have Simeone

Ajax because they create some amazing players

I like any team that beats man united, so does everyone in the local. There are cheers for the football team in Afghanistan if they scored against the filth.

Scotland-Glasgow Rangers(I'm C of E. Protestant)

France-Saint-Etienne(The green kit and the Band)

Spain-Athletic Bilbao(Only play Basque born players and never relegated)

Netherlands-Ajax(The Bell Bar in Amsterdam my 21st Everything's Gone Green)

Greece-Olympiacos(Matt Derbyshire a Blackburn Lad)

Italy-Bari(Gordon Cowans most under rated English Midfielder)

Argentina-Estudiantes(The Striped Shirt and the Famous Song)

Austria-Salzburg(Mozart)

Germany-Hamburg(Keegan)

I use to like Juventus AND Ac Milan in the 1990s ,  cos of Roberto Baggio ( he went on to play for Ac Milan too later )

In Germany can't say honestly I ever liked any German team but I suppose knowing Bayern Munich were the powerhouse of Bundesliga,  I use to kind of support Dortmund or just be wary of what they were up to in that league now and again.

in SPL I use to root for Celtic but since Lord Stevie G became manager of Rangers,  I've switched sides lol

Spain,  interesting one really.

Again never really had a favorite team in that league but I did think Real Madrid aka 'Galaticos' were amazing when they had Raul, Roberto Carlos, Zidane etc

Real Madrid

Liverpool

Rangers

Lazio

Shakhtar

• Adam

I've been playing FM/Championship manager since Champ Man 2, so most of these are because of Championship Manager/Football Manager. I'm a Gateshead Fan, these are just teams i like

USA: New England Revolution

Spain: Atletico and Real Betis

Italy: Fiorentina

Germany: Dusseldorf (Auf Wiedersehen Pet)

Portugal: Sporting

France: Strasbourg (Been there, lovely city)

Scotland: Dundee United

Greece: Olympiakos

Australia: Newcastle Jets

Mexico: Chivas

Argentina: River

Brazil: Sao Paolo

Chile: Deportivo Wanka (I know they are bankrupt but I'm still buying the shirt)

Bolivia: The Strongest (the name alone)

Gibraltar: Lincoln Red Imps