Why do people with learning disabilities think they are smart?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 week ago

A learning disability is just that, a disability. Being smart and being able to learn like everyone else are not always coupled. Learning disability simply means you are not able to learn like everybody else.  Everybody is smart, simply different. 

• 3 weeks ago

Sometimes people with Autism, etc. really are extremely smart, and could be savants. Not all people with disabilities are extremely smart.

• Frank
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Because they do not have the ABILITY to understand that they have learning disabilities.  It is part of their condition to not understand this so be kind to them.  You would not want to change places with them.

• 4 weeks ago

Lol I'm smart in my way but I have extreme anxiety and autism I'm not good in math at all nor social communication in person. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

What? I am dumb as a box of rocks.

• 1 month ago

We are just as good as you

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

A lot are smart. They just take a different route to get somewhere from those without disabilities.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Some of them may be smart, a learning disability does not necessarily mean they are not.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.