Why do people with learning disabilities think they are smart?

• 1 week ago

A learning disability is just that, a disability. Being smart and being able to learn like everyone else are not always coupled. Learning disability simply means you are not able to learn like everybody else.  Everybody is smart, simply different. 

Sometimes people with Autism, etc. really are extremely smart, and could be savants. Not all people with disabilities are extremely smart.

• Frank

Because they do not have the ABILITY to understand that they have learning disabilities.  It is part of their condition to not understand this so be kind to them.  You would not want to change places with them.

Lol I'm smart in my way but I have extreme anxiety and autism I'm not good in math at all nor social communication in person. 

What? I am dumb as a box of rocks.

We are just as good as you

A lot are smart. They just take a different route to get somewhere from those without disabilities.

Some of them may be smart, a learning disability does not necessarily mean they are not.