Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 month ago

Someone stole my social security number and they opened a credit card?

What can I do with identity thief? So some piece of sh*t stole my security number yesterday, i honestly have no idea how, but they did. They opened a credit card and spent $600 dollars. I’m so stressed out. I have to call every union bank to alert them to freeze my credit. 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You report the identity theft to every credit agency, and your bank and to the Social Security Administration. Then you change all your passwords, numbers and accounts. Keep the option on your credit reports to freeze your credit.

• 1 month ago

You just have to go to the credit bureau and freeze, not every bank.

• 1 month ago

Report it to the credit card company. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Relax. Its easy to solve. Step by step.  Call the bank & the credit bureaus.

I had 3-4 fraudulent accounts opened in my name about 20 years ago. Took a handful of phone calls and one return letter. Easy peasy.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Barry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Make it a police matter.

• 1 month ago

You don't have to call every bank.  You only have to call one bank.  To freeze your credit, you call the credit bureaus, not the banks.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If someone stole your SSN just yesterday, they wouldn't have a credit card already. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.