Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 month ago

Someone stole my social security number and they opened a credit card?

What can I do with identity thief? So some piece of sh*t stole my security number yesterday, i honestly have no idea how, but they did. They opened a credit card and spent $600 dollars. I’m so stressed out. I have to call every union bank to alert them to freeze my credit. 

You report the identity theft to every credit agency, and your bank and to the Social Security Administration. Then you change all your passwords, numbers and accounts. Keep the option on your credit reports to freeze your credit.

You just have to go to the credit bureau and freeze, not every bank.

Report it to the credit card company. 

Relax. Its easy to solve. Step by step.  Call the bank & the credit bureaus.

I had 3-4 fraudulent accounts opened in my name about 20 years ago. Took a handful of phone calls and one return letter. Easy peasy.

• Barry

Make it a police matter.

You don't have to call every bank.  You only have to call one bank.  To freeze your credit, you call the credit bureaus, not the banks.

If someone stole your SSN just yesterday, they wouldn't have a credit card already.