what kind of camera will run on windows 10 pro?

camera

digital camera

Any camera with a USB port can be connected to Windows 10. Some cameras have wifi capability so they can also connect to a computer that way. What kind of software can run will depend on the camera and the software available. 

• keerok

You mean take a picture with the camera using the computer as the viewfinder and storage? It's called "tethering". Not all digital cameras will do that. Even getting a dSLR is not a guarantee. I suggest you look for a tethering software first then find out which cameras it will work with, then choose from there.

Adobe has tethering feature in some of its programs. Other tethering software is brand specific. For example, in Pentax, there is PK_Tether. It works with a few models of Pentax dSLRs and since I own only old and bottom-of-the-barrel models, I am limited to shooting, adjusting controls and saving through the computer. I don't have LiveView through the computer's monitor.

ANY camera that has a USB connecting lead, sir, though with SOME older cameras you MAY experience difficulty in finding Windows 10 drivers for that camera.

• J

Any camera made in the last 5 years or so should work, and a lot of ones that are older than that. No consumer or professional camera is going to refuse to work with the most common desktop operating system. Maybe there's some highly specialized scientific or industrial one that doesn't, but anything you could go to a store and buy would work.

Most of them...