Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 month ago

UK what would you do about next door's tradesman who blocks your drive, if you are the strong and silent type?

bearing in mind UK is a free country in which you don't have to speak to neighbours or their tradesmen

Update:

Please no Yanks, I said UK

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

I understand you said UK, but having lived in the UK, I feel educated in behaviors enough to answer. I would as him to move the vehicle.

• 4 weeks ago

i would ask that tradie to not park across my drive 

• Funnel
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Block your own driveway with your things. Really sucks we can't just get along.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

"Strong and silent" pmsl!  You can't be "strong" if you can't manage, "Oi, lads!  I need to get in and out of my drive," and then give them a look.  I mean, you could do the classic passive-aggressive note on the windscreen, and escelate to writing rude suggestions about their proclivities in the dust on their van, but that's not very strong either, is it?  Just slash their tyres  which is no dumber than refusing to speak least your balls fall off or whatever other nonesense you believe actually talking might result in.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

“free country” surely its a land of laws and I would bet there are local laws about blocking a driveway

• gerald
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Its life and i am not you , offer them £100 to park elsewhere thats how we do things today even the giant will be submissive , 

• Barry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Ask them to move when you wish to exit. They will be happy to do so. Contractors have to park where they can and you don't actually own that bit of road across your drive.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Put a couple of milk crates and plank in the road across your drive and say you are expecting a delivery if anyone asks. Or park your own car across your driveway to encourage them to find somewhere else. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Park your own car there instead 

• Be thoroughly British.   Put a note through their letterbox saying "If there's any more of this nonsense, you'll be hearing from my solicitor".  American readers: No that's not what it means.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.