Major Tom asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

How much should I tip my barber for a good haircut?

Taking into account he is risking his life during the pandemic to cut my hair

Regular cuts are cheap in my area - $14 - so when I tip $5 it's really more than 1/3 - but I only go like every 5 or 6 weeks - the same guy - and I like him to remember me and take his time and give me the xtras.

ADDED:  re:  "a good haircut" . . . we had a "gentlmen's hair spa" open nearby - nice barber - then I noticed that he would spend 30+ minutes giving some teenager the latest fade or whatever and the kids never tip.  Me - I timed him at 6 minutes to run the electric shears over me a couple time, no scissors, no razor, no scent, no talc, no brush-off.  Then no tip and now no customer.

If you are satisfied with your haircut then give whatever you want to give. style matters.

If you like to think he's "risking his life", you should also consider the fact that your visit to his shop keeps food on his table.

• Gregg

My haircut costs $14.00 I usually tip $2 bucks.

I would not tip too much.

Few hundred dollars suffice.

Grand max

tip whatever you feel like tipping no rules other than don't stiff him/her

• Willie

If the barber is ther owner not much, but if the barber has to pay to cut hair at the barbershop than you can tip whatebver you want, but not more than ther price of the haircut.

5-10 usd, depending on how much the haircut was....

up to 25$- 5/8$

50$ or higher- 15$+

Anything below $5 is a no go. The most I’ve ever tipped for a really good haircut was $20 on top of a $30 haircut.

15%................................................