Acer Laptop Won’t Shut Down?

To be exact, it’s stuck on Shutting Down page. No matter what I do:

>press the Windows button on keyboard-nothing changes

>click Alt+F4-still the same

>draining the battery-when I turned on, it is still on that page “SHUTTING DOWN”

This is the 2nd day that I can’t use my laptop because of that. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE? 🥺🥺🥺

Hold the power button down until it turns off.

Hold in the power button on the laptop until it shuts down.  Then continue to hold it for about another 20 seconds after that.  Windows 10 is designed to "go to sleep" rather than actually power down.  What it is does is write a file that has everything in the computer's memory.  Then the next time you start it, it loads that file and picks up exactly where it was before.

But if you hold the power button for 20 seconds after it shuts down then it actually "shuts down" and does a full reboot rather than reloaded the sleep file.

Hold the power button until it turns off

Crash it by holding down the power button until it turns off. Wait a while then turn it on again to see what it does.  Usually that does the trick.

• Bill-M

Hold down the Power Button (the one you turn the PC on with).  Hold it down for FIVE Seconds and the laptop will shut down.

take it to a computer place and have them fix it